• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OCB and Strap Choice?

bowhunter

I'm fixing to order my strap and OCB buckle and probably 3 or 4 squirrel steps. My question for you guys is would I be better off with a sewn in buckle or a separate one?

I ran across this old thread on over the center buckles and like the design of the Erickson buckle too. They still sell them on Amazon. They look like they are well made and lock once they are cammed over. I have a pair of them ordered but plan to cut off the orange webbing and replace it with the heavy duty nylon webbing that Eastern woods outdoors sells. I plan to have the buckle sewn close to one end so it will be easier to reach. I'm not using them for a ring of steps, I'm going to use it to lock my climbing platform in place.

I have the one with the sewn on hook end and the buckle is removable. It works great.

I have the one with the sewn on hook end and the buckle is removable. It works great.
Same with me. I like the sewn hook and removable buckle. I really like it on the heavy duty strap that EWO sells. It seems like it’s helps hold the steps to the tree better.

Back