• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ode to the Mantis

Longbowwally

SH Member

ODE TO THE MANTIS

Oh Mantis! Oh Mantis!, Where art thou,
I ordered very early so I could learn just how;

To set you up well and very quiet too,
So the big buck I want, will not know who;

Has entered their woods, with stick and string in hand,
To play the hunting game, that has been since the first man;

With mounting frustration, as the the season goes on and on,
I wish the Mantis was here, so I could mount upon;

Oh Mantis! Oh Mantis! Where art thou?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought a little satirical humor was in order to try and ease the frustration some of us are feeling...lol...lol

Hoping the Mantis arrives this week....Find myself sitting in my LW sit and climb and looking at trees around me thinking that would be a good tree if I had my saddle...LOL...

My Kite is due for shipping next week. I feel your pain knowing areas I want to hunt with lock ons set and winds Wrong. The saddles will open the whole woods for us. Good Luck and stick one! Post pics afterwards :)

Back