• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Official Saddle Hunter.

Back Strap M.D.

Well...
I now consider myself an official Saddle Hunter!
New saddle hunter this season and I love the flexibility and versatility.
Been lurking here for months and I have to admit...I never had to post a question because everything I thought to ask of could be found with the search button.
Thanks everyone for all the info.

Finally put it together yesterday.

Been on this guy since opener (Sept 15) he went noctournal quick. Havent seen him in daylight till yesterday since Sept. 20.

I hunt an 80 acre farm with 7.5 acres of CRP.

Left this 3 acre stand of oaks untouched till yesterday.

16 foot ladder stand for a platform...because its in the right spot.

Screenshot_20191102-154644_Gallery.jpg

Caught a tail flip out of the corner of my eye on my weak side.
Went arm under tether and turned around to watch this deer standing tucked behind a tree waiting for a doe to walk by on a frequented doe trail for over an hour.

Screenshot_20191102-160644_Gallery.jpg

Finally stepped out and I got him at shot at him at 37yds.

He ran less than 50 yds and here we are.

Screenshot_20191102-161020_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191102-161145_Gallery.jpg

Hello and Thank You to the community and Thanks again for all the great info and insight into saddle hunting.

Thanks for the nice comments.

This is the first targeted core buck I've gotten. He moved in 8/21 in velvet and Ive had my eye on him since. (Pic date is off...8/21 not 9/21).

20190824_171717.jpg
20190908_120319.jpg

I'm very grateful that I was able to harvest him...just disappointed that I dont have another tag for the rut.

Been sitting in my observation stands with binoculars every day just to watch because its my favorite time of the season. A lot of action this year and a handful of nice bucks coming thru.

Wife is calling me a "Deer Voyeur". Guess shes right...

Going to have to wait for gun season for a tag. Then back to business.

Good Luck Everyone!

Back