• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oh, She Purdy.

Spartan

Little holiday weekend paint job for the Gen 3 Predator. Love these little platforms. Only difference I can tell on the Gen 3 is the raised bumps on the boot surface and the AL angle adjustment knob. Hard to improve upon what is already a great little platform. My third Predator...couldn't resist a sale.

You all getting your paint jobs done? Don't forget that off-gas time to get the odor gone. Two months is about my limit.

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

I basically closed my eyes and hit my gen 2 with primer and a couple colors of camo rustoleum, it wore off the top after a season on the edges, but that’s fine. Just mattered to me that it is mostly covered on the bottom.

I do like the raised surface and adjust knob on yours. It also looks like the leading edges and on the side have raised protrusions my Gen 2 doesn’t have.

I wonder how Duracoat Badass would work, being self etching.

Last edited:
Been using this self-etching primer for awhile on small jobs for both steel and AL. Works fantastic. It is also a very flat greyish color with a little bit of a light olive drab color to it, so I will sometimes also use it when top coating the camo colors. Double duty. Also completely dries stupid fast. Like 15 mins fast.

d548cd21-b2d4-4f78-a2e1-2461b9a1b73f_1.95552dce5ced5fd7ac3315f2d61f9adf.jpeg

Been using this self-etching primer for awhile on small jobs for both steel and AL. Works fantastic. It is also a very flat greyish color with a little bit of a light olive drab color to it, so I will sometimes also use it when top coating the camo colors. Double duty. Also completely dries stupid fast. Like 15 mins fast.

View attachment 67210

Yeah, I used that. Worked just fine. Still wore off the wear surfaces, edges and top surface, but did well enough.

Last edited:
On mine, I epoxied a sheetmetal (steel) strip on the aluminum post where the adjustment bolt makes contact so that it wouldn't dig into the aluminum. I then contact cemented a piece of leather to that steel for noise deadening.

Back