• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oklahoma's Proposed Bigfoot Season

Jmiller

By now we've all heard about this, and regardless of whether you think he exists or not, entertain the following idea.

If such a season were established and tags available, what tactics would you use to bag one?

Would a tree saddle be of use?

Or would a coordinated drive be more effective?

When do they rut? I'm thinking obtaining some estress-urine from a chimpanzee might be useful.

Way backcountry or "overlooked spots" right next to the parking area?

What about you archery only guys?

Theres a local guy that has seen bigfoot many times..... he hangs fliers up all over telling of his experiences, I don’t think he gets many trick or treaters halloween time lmao

Yea I’m gonna have to go with some jack links beef jerky baiting tactics. And buy a Chewbacca and maybe alittle Ewok costume for a good decoy setup.

What will the bag limit be? Will you have to get a WMA for each area? Will the license be over the counter? Or do we have to sign up for the lottery draw now?? How much extra is the out of state few?

Not a single BF will be killed, but a bunch of folks will get shot by mistake. The benefit is every BF hunter killed will raise the average IQ in Oklahoma a point.

I dragged my brother out with me to scout a wilderness area this summer. At one point we were well over a mile as a crow flies from the nearest motorized road.

As we climbed out of a bowl to the top of a ridge we took a short break to catch our breath. While sitting on the ground, every few seconds we could hear what sounded like a knock, after a couple of minutes a tree as big around as my thigh fell 40 yards from us.

"*** was that?", he said. "Oh thats just bigfoot", I replied and then proceeded to make ape noises in the general direction of the fallen tree. I forced him to watch the movie Willow Creek later that evening when we got back home. I'm fairly certain the knocks were just the fibers of the tree breaking as it was slowly giving loose, but being from the city my brother has never experienced a tree falling in the woods before.

He didn't admit it until months later but the combination of events and movie scared the living s#*t out of him. I don't think he'll be hunting that wilderness area alone anytime soon :laughing: :laughing:

Back