• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Old Game Trackers and API Skyhooks, still worthwhile?

CDNPO

I picked up 10 API Skyhooks and 6 polymer Game Tracker strap on steps with straps for pretty cheap (60$ CAD).

I'm thinking of using the GTs for an ROS. I'll start browsing for a OCB to use for that, and will kcur the factory straps off.

For the Skyhooks, they have the cinch buckle and hook, and the straps (as well as the steps) appear to be unused. Should I still swap out for a better, newer strap for each step? If so, any recommendations?
fef74140863ac3c7da79d0e46800d3f6.jpg
e77e3749224828f985fcaff29592cf98.jpg
2a4eac65e1e1f86361f0eba485ebc17b.jpg
d86ee41c90c9a3aa273e2fc9d615352c.jpg
48616894ee84cb06e5df01ac14a7a9a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I’m using the sky hooks as a ring of steps this year. They aren’t obsolete just hard to find. Not sure how I feel about them. I personally wouldn’t worry to much about replacing the straps if they look good. Might give them a bounce test at ground level and reinspect.

I’m using the sky hooks as a ring of steps this year. They aren’t obsolete just hard to find. Not sure how I feel about them. I personally wouldn’t worry to much about replacing the straps if they look good. Might give them a bounce test at ground level and reinspect.
Cool. That's what I started doing this weekend. Just getting comfortable in the saddle at ground height and testing the steps nice and low. There is some sag, but not too bad or anything. I wonder how the GTs will do in a ring as far as torsional pressure, I'll play with those this week. Glad to hear that at least a few guys are using them. So little info online. I guess because when they came out, people were using Geocities for websites, haha

Yeah, listen @CDNPO not sure who your connect is for great gear cheap but uh.....don't tell them they underestimated the value of their gear....

Also PM me with their details...

Oh breaking news Skyhooks can spontaneously combust, better send them my way.

Yeah, listen @CDNPO not sure who your connect is for great gear cheap but uh.....don't tell them they underestimated the value of their gear....

Also PM me with their details...

Oh breaking news Skyhooks can spontaneously combust, better send them my way.
Lol. Some guy posted "hunting pegs" on Kijiji a few months back. Was in a plastic bag and I paid him without even doing a count. Figured unless they were all under recall, I was doing well.

I've been lurking around this site for about a year before pulling the trigger on steps and a saddle. Didnt want to overpay if I didnt like it, but so far so good.

Unless you paid up for a trophyline when nothing else was available your not going to lose much if you resale your gear. At least so far. Someone may come out with a Chinese made saddle that works well that kills resale on some gear but it hasn’t happened yet.

Back