• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

? on tether setup along with linesman belt

Mag1

Ok, I am trying to get an idea of tether placement vs where the linesman belt goes once you are in position.

1) tether height seems to be about eye height from what I have read.
2) bridge in the 28" range? this will be on a sit and drag. should this be rope or 1" webbing, I have both.
3) linesman belt, attach to harness (rc or standard), around tree when setting up sticks, ect...
4) once you set your tether, attach sit and drag via bridge to prusik on tether, what do you do with your linesman belt? do you just un-attach, or run a 2nd prusik on the tether, and attach to that and let it hang with a little slack?

Also, how well does a saddle work in smaller trees? I am used to hanging my LW hang-on in some Dia 6" trees only one or 2 sticks up.

thanks for any input, looking forward to trying this out in a new spot next week.

Ok, I am trying to get an idea of tether placement vs where the linesman belt goes once you are in position.

1) tether height seems to be about eye height from what I have read.
2) bridge in the 28" range? this will be on a sit and drag. should this be rope or 1" webbing, I have both.
3) linesman belt, attach to harness (rc or standard), around tree when setting up sticks, ect...
4) once you set your tether, attach sit and drag via bridge to prusik on tether, what do you do with your linesman belt? do you just un-attach, or run a 2nd prusik on the tether, and attach to that and let it hang with a little slack?

Also, how well does a saddle work in smaller trees? I am used to hanging my LW hang-on in some Dia 6" trees only one or 2 sticks up.

thanks for any input, looking forward to trying this out in a new spot next week.

Take the linemans belt off after you are secured to tether with bridge. 6" trees are fine. You might want to go higher but 6" trees might not offer the height. Just be careful your movement doesn't shake smaller tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back