• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One lung, like a rookie.

Mistercmath

Just had my first shot on a deer with my longbow and my first shot on a deer from my saddle. Like a moron, I shot from too steep of an angle. The arrow got a solid hit through the opposite side lung. Never retrieved the deer. Found blood a ways off, but ran out of accessible land and she made it to sanctuary. Never gonna shoot from that steep of an angle again. Oh, well. Still learning and got plenty more options.

Stephe

Well that sucks man! How high up were you? I like to shoot em close with my longbow so I never go above 16 feet anymore......the angle is just too steep for me.

Well that sucks man! How high up were you? I like to shoot em close with my longbow so I never go above 16 feet anymore......the angle is just too steep for me.

Was about 15 feet up on a steep hill. The Doe was about 5 yards from the tree on the downhill side. That made the angle too steep for a double plunger, at least for me. Definately hit just one lung. Am new to bowhunting and will remember to never shoot at such a steep angle again. That was a very frustrating day.

That’s tough man.

How do you know you hit one lung?

Any way to show where you think you hit, and angle?

Back