• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stick.... can cleat position and rope.

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I have my Dano 15” lite stick that I want to fit with a Harken 150 cam cleat. Where is the vest position for the clear on the stick?

Also.... I am going with 6mm acc rope. How do you guys attach the rope to the stick?

064de0c384c760a4698c055664d5f6e2.jpg

Here’s a pic of where I positioned mine and it’s working great. Hawk Helium so a little different but it’s a starting point for you..

Side note... I tried the 6mm accessory cord but it was too spongy and wasn’t getting the bite I wanted - ¼” Amsteel is working much better for me but also see the 6 mm cord working for other guys so probably didn’t give it enough time to stretch out properly.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanO stick with 150 cleat and 6mm TRC. I put the rope under the cam with your choice of loop knot like a figure 8 or other.

Attachments

• 7EEFF896-C7F7-4625-82F1-06D33BD608CA.jpeg
    7EEFF896-C7F7-4625-82F1-06D33BD608CA.jpeg
    737.7 KB · Views: 141
And agreed with under cleat. I use a girth hitch but if it’s above it was prone to slippage

064de0c384c760a4698c055664d5f6e2.jpg

Here’s a pic of where I positioned mine and it’s working great. Hawk Helium so a little different but it’s a starting point for you..

Side note... I tried the 6mm accessory cord but it was too spongy and wasn’t getting the bite I wanted - ¼” Amsteel is working much better for me but also see the 6 mm cord working for other guys so probably didn’t give it enough time to stretch out properly.

Good luck.

The more I see these stick set-ups, the more I wanna mod one of mine.

Semper Fi,
Mike

The more I see these stick set-ups, the more I wanna mod one of mine.

Semper Fi,
Mike

I started mine as more of a time filler and it’s turned into my go to climbing tool - can use it for a scout to get 6 ft up in a hurry. One sticking is easy with cam cleat but the best has been using it in ‘scout mode’ with a pusher rod to get my SRT tether up almost 16 ft with one stop which has become my go to climbing style. All in at 3# 6 and perfect fit under my Tool Belt..

4caf2d6a86c7d1fd9a4dbca2a73a8b9d.jpg

DanO stick with 150 cleat and 6mm TRC. I put the rope under the cam with your choice of loop knot like a figure 8 or other.

Looks like cleat is on top third of the stick?

What bolt size(diameter and length) for mounting the clear to the stick?

Looks like cleat is on top third of the stick?

What bolt size(diameter and length) for mounting the clear to the stick?
Sorry to disappoint. My cleat was on when I purchased. I added a new rope and the Scout. I know others will have some info on that.

I started mine as more of a time filler and it’s turned into my go to climbing tool - can use it for a scout to get 6 ft up in a hurry. One sticking is easy with cam cleat but the best has been using it in ‘scout mode’ with a pusher rod to get my SRT tether up almost 16 ft with one stop which has become my go to climbing style. All in at 3# 6 and perfect fit under my Tool Belt..

4caf2d6a86c7d1fd9a4dbca2a73a8b9d.jpg

I looked on EWO and can’t find the cam cleat. Any links to the product? Thanks.

Semper Fi,
Mike

Which/what hardware did you guys bolt you clear with? Did you use a grade 8 type of bolt or standard?

I bought some 10/24 x 2.5” long SS bolts that fit from Lowe’s..... I was wondering about shear strength of the SS?

I would always use grade 8 or better. I didn’t install my cleat but it appears to be self tapping screws. I have thought about upgrading to the massive cleat that holds 500lbs and using bolts.

I looked on EWO and can’t find the cam cleat. Any links to the product? Thanks.

Semper Fi,
Mike
He doesnt sell cam cleats there i had to go to amazon. I weigh 230 so i went with the schaffer its rated for 300lbs and grade 8 bolts like Zellersta said.

I’m going to go with Oplux 8mm rope instead of 6mm........ What knot to secure the rope to the stick?

I’m going to go with Oplux 8mm rope instead of 6mm........ What knot to secure the rope to the stick?
Disclaimer: I just started saddle hunting this year. I just started one sticking last month but it’s all I use now. I bought mine assembled but changed out the rope.

Which/what hardware did you guys bolt you clear with? Did you use a grade 8 type of bolt or standard?

I bought some 10/24 x 2.5” long SS bolts that fit from Lowe’s..... I was wondering about shear strength of the SS?
Anyone know where I can find these bolts in a grade 8? I want to shore up my can cleat connection.

I bought a SS u-bolt from Lowes and when I tightened it, one of the threaded ends snapped off when it stretched. I bought a steel u-bolt and tightened it fine. Steel is stonger.

Back