• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stick climbers who switched to 2tc

Trentrivs

SH Member
I started one sticking when I first started saddle hunting 3 years ago and have been happy with my set up.
As I’ve spent more time on here I’m seeing quite a few people who are 2tc. For those of you who used to one stick and now 2tc what are your thoughts, pros cons etc.
Pfa
Thanks
d76a9d82426b91f0b00783e7c56f395c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying out 2tc lately. Time will tell which will be my go-to method. I am also going to try out the ANY TREE OUTDOORS system. It is truly amazing the number of choices we have. When I started hunting in 1973, we would use 2"x4" and plywood and nails to build a stand and that was state of the art.

ok, are you gonna stand on ropes all day or carry a platform? ROS? good luck with that when you spin out on a nice one (I did). my view is if you're gonna carry a platform might as well climb with it ( or be able to at least)

ok, are you gonna stand on ropes all day or carry a platform? ROS? good luck with that when you spin out on a nice one (I did). my view is if you're gonna carry a platform might as well climb with it ( or be able to at least)

Would plan to hunt off predator whether I one stick or 2tc.
Not against climbing with the predator. Just not sure if it’s a good option based on the seeming lack of popularity.

Not sure what you mean by stand on ropes all day?

Would plan to hunt off predator whether I one stick or 2tc.
Not against climbing with the predator. Just not sure if it’s a good option based on the seeming lack of popularity.

I no stick, or use my platform to one stick, with an x- wing and 3 step aider. I think it works pretty good but I do agree based on popularity it's not a winner. I also bought a mini shikar with a scout on top to try climbing with this year, so even I must not think no stick is that great lol

I no stick, or use my platform to one stick, with an x- wing and 3 step aider. I think it works pretty good but I do agree based on popularity it's not a winner. I also bought a mini shikar with a scout on top to try climbing with this year, so even I must not think no stick is that great lol

Before this season I rarely used the predator and just ran a scout on top of my modified helium but it isn’t as comfortable as the predator and doesn’t offer the shootability. Thinking i may go to the mini shikar with a 3 step or the 2 tether. Biggest disadvantage to the 2tc method I see is going around branches.

Before this season I rarely used the predator and just ran a scout on top of my modified helium but it isn’t as comfortable as the predator and doesn’t offer the shootability. Thinking i may go to the mini shikar with a 3 step or the 2 tether. Biggest disadvantage to the 2tc method I see is going around branches.

I'm not versed in 2tc but I don't know why passing a limb would be worse than any other climbing method. Do you have a specific concern?

I'm not versed in 2tc but I don't know why passing a limb would be worse than any other climbing method. Do you have a specific concern?
it's not harder. unless you're a knot nut. I unhook completely and squeeze my knees on the wings of UP platform for the 5 seconds it takes me to move my tether

No different than any other safe trunk climbing method other than rope (SRT/Ddrt/MRS/JRB) climbing.

No different than any other safe trunk climbing method other than rope (SRT/Ddrt/MRS/JRB) climbing.

Yeah that’s right, I was thinking two tethers plus my main tether but that was wrong. It would be the same as one sticking. Any other disadvantages?

Can you explain this? Definitely interested

Well, I could just tell you to look through the "why don't y'all 2TC" .... but I'll be nice...
You simply have an extra friction hitch on your foot or bottom tether and a short 2nd bridge on your saddle. Now the si.ple version is to just clip this 2nd bridge to the extra hitch as close to your girth hitch point on the tree as possible so your body stays close to the tree when you release the top tether to go around said branch. When you're reattached to the top tether you can release the 2nd bridge attachment and the simply move the foot tether around the tree as well.

The slightly more complex but safer system is to make your extra friction hitch have an adjustable tail so you can slide it down to just above your foot tether and still stay attached to the foot tether from your 2nd bridge, but now its out of the way.

I've also been getting inspiration from apexpredatoroutdoors on YouTube( and simplify his complex system) and have been testing having a footloop on both tethers to walk it up without really sitting in the saddle much. It works great with a tether stiffener. I have no desire to promote my videos but have some ideas to share on them including branch passing on pine trees no less. They are slower than I am now but the techniques are similar. You can search '2TC a pine tree'.

Back