• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One sticking with predator

Shane6491

So I’ve been playing around with my predator added a two step diy aider to it and have been climbing with it. I tie the platform to the upright so it stays in its packable form. Hang aider over top stand-off. This all works great love it. Only problem I’m having is that the bottom of upright has no teeth so it tends to move around a bit when standing on top of platform. My thought was to just add rubber or maybe Glue sandpaper To the bottom part of the upright maybe just weld a few teeth on it. Not sure what yet but want to find something to make it not wobble so much when I’m standing on it. It is doable the way it is
a6114118381914328ade05de57366503.jpg

and isn’t bad wobble has never kicked out or anything. But was wondering if anyone on here has done this with predator? If so what have you done to stop the wobble.
3347c6f046475c287ab1cc3ab62067b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry you will climb up or down the wrong tree and without having the predator in proper position. Once you put teeth on the bottom of the stem I'd be interested to know if predator platform was still stable as a platform.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I worry you will climb up or down the wrong tree and without having the predator in proper position. Once you put teeth on the bottom of the stem I'd be interested to know if predator platform was still stable as a platform.

Why wouldn’t it be stable as a platform? Bc of welding ? Id really like to not weld on it Going to try other methods first. But if I do go that route I’m going to have it done by a pro not anyone can just weld aluminum. And repel down with this set up so won’t be climbing down much.

Why wouldn’t it be stable as a platform? Bc of welding ? Id really like to not weld on it Going to try other methods first. But if I do go that route I’m going to have it done by a pro not anyone can just weld aluminum. And repel down with this set up so won’t be climbing down much.
No I get it, after seeing your post I'm going to try and run my 5 step aider on a ratchet strap instead of 1 sticking with my helium.

I’m thinking like maybe two rows of 4 little cleats and maybe hose clamping them to the bottom upright idk i got to try something to help help the wobble. And I got the idea from mobile hunting gear guy on YouTube he climbs with his diy platform and aider

No I get it, after seeing your post I'm going to try and run my 5 step aider on a ratchet strap instead of 1 sticking with my helium.

Yeah I run we steps never had sticks. Kinda why I tried this out bc I seen his video on YouTube. That would definitely be lighter then the helium.

Yeah I run we steps never had sticks. Kinda why I tried this out bc I seen his video on YouTube. That would definitely be lighter then the helium.
Yup, I rappel down anyway, so i think that may be my new system. Testing when the rain stops

Why not just girth hitch the aider around the tree and do away with the ratchet strap. I made a 6-7 ft long (never measured it just made it for my step height) 4 step Amsteel aider for just that purpose.

So I’ve been playing around with my predator added a two step diy aider to it and have been climbing with it. I tie the platform to the upright so it stays in its packable form. Hang aider over top stand-off. This all works great love it. Only problem I’m having is that the bottom of upright has no teeth so it tends to move around a bit when standing on top of platform. My thought was to just add rubber or maybe Glue sandpaper To the bottom part of the upright maybe just weld a few teeth on it. Not sure what yet but want to find something to make it not wobble so much when I’m standing on it. It is doable the way it is
a6114118381914328ade05de57366503.jpg

and isn’t bad wobble has never kicked out or anything. But was wondering if anyone on here has done this with predator? If so what have you done to stop the wobble.
3347c6f046475c287ab1cc3ab62067b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One correction this is called no stick climbing not one sticking!!!! I believe your wobble maybe caused by the original predator standoff. You should try their revision or a LW batwing. My micro assault platform with a batwing has no wobble, locks solid.

One correction this is called no stick climbing not one sticking!!!! I believe your wobble maybe caused by the original predator standoff. You should try their revision or a LW batwing. My micro assault platform with a batwing has no wobble, locks solid.

WOW! That's cool. I'm too old and fat for that, but that is COOL! Nice job.....great out-of-the-box thinking right there!!

Yeah no sticking!!!!!!!!! But correction
I obviously call it one sticking with predator!! Hence the name of post. Did you Patent the no stick climbing phrase? Lol Yeah I got the idea from you, posted above that I seen your video!!!!!!!!! But anyways no the wobble is definitely coming from not having any teeth on bottom of post. When standing on top of folded platform the bottom of the post rubs tree (posting picture). So Their new bracket isn’t going to fix it. Got it fixed up tho with that bracket I posted. Cutting teeth on it tomorrow and should work great. Will post pictures tomorrow of finished product.
(Picture of rubbing on bottom of post)
(Also pick of proposed teeth)

660f28328a4c66f4e07cf898258aabbf.jpg
acdb9d9fc03ee3e90a7ac51576f438f0.jpg

Yeah no sticking!!!!!!!!! But correction
I obviously call it one sticking with predator!! Hence the name of post. Did you Patent the no stick climbing phrase? Lol Yeah I got the idea from you, posted above that I seen your video!!!!!!!!! But anyways no the wobble is definitely coming from not having any teeth on bottom of post. When standing on top of folded platform the bottom of the post rubs tree (posting picture). So Their new bracket isn’t going to fix it. Got it fixed up tho with that bracket I posted. Cutting teeth on it tomorrow and should work great. Will post pictures tomorrow of finished product.
(Picture of rubbing on bottom of post)
(Also pick of proposed teeth)

660f28328a4c66f4e07cf898258aabbf.jpg
acdb9d9fc03ee3e90a7ac51576f438f0.jpg

Did it help with side or shifting movement??? I also just climb with my platform and aiders that are hooked on to the button underneath my cam straps and dangle in between the platform and the bar.... i found that if i hook on my aiders on the button it actually pulls the weight down the center of the bar holding it more in place then if you run it from the top or even from the bottom inside of the platform (not recommended). i wanted to put another bracket on their but was really sketch on drilling through the ibeam and didnt want to compromise strength so i decided against it... my second option was going to run just like you did a u bolt and a bent bracket or drill another bracket so the ubolts fit through. My last option was cut my DIY stick down to 12" and put on a lonewolf seat to use as a platform... i have 2 v brackets on my sticks so it locks in good to the tree with just a amsteele daisy chain. My predator platform is definatly lighter then my DIY sticks sooooo trying to make that work would be awesome.

i think as long as the ubolt bracket allows the teeth from the platform to still catch should be able to cam down and secure right?

i think as long as the ubolt bracket allows the teeth from the platform to still catch should be able to cam down and secure right?
yeah man it cams fine the way I have it on there now. But the smooth bracket don’t bite when I’m climbing off my aider to on top of Folded platform. When I cut them teeth in that steel tomorrow I’ll find out if it works. But in theory putting three teeth on that bracket as pictured it should be solid as a rock folded up Just as it is solid as a rock when it’s camed over. Love the predator thinking this is the ticket. Bracket was like 4 bucks at Lowe’s legit If it works!

Back