• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One sticking without cam cleat

Looking for a video of one sticking without a cam cleat. Can it be done?

Helium sticks don’t have a cam cleat do they? I feel like I have seen multiple videos of people one sticking with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be done. But the real question is why? That cam cleat is slick for one sticking. I didn’t think it was necessary till I got one.
Yeah, I understand. I'd like to try one sticking with my Heliums. However, I don't currently have a cam cleat and I was trying not to purchase yet another piece of gear that I may, or may not fall in love with.

Just wanted to know if it could be done with regular old cut down Heliums without a cleat mod.

Yeah, I understand. I'd like to try one sticking with my Heliums. However, I don't currently have a cam cleat and I was trying not to purchase yet another piece of gear that I may, or may not fall in love with.

Just wanted to know if it could be done with regular old cut down Heliums without a cleat mod.

You can absolutely do it without a cam cleat. I suggest a versa style button and rope mod setup. Give it a try. You can always get the cam cleat later if you so chose.

I use helium stick with strap. I actually like it. Just loosen the strap; move it up. One nice thing about the strap. I works like a linesman belt. If I drop it, it won't go far. I do have a safety tether on it. Last thing i want to be doing is hanging 20 feet up and looking at my stick on the ground.

I also use the helium stick with a cam strap. To me, it is the most foolproof method and easy to use.

I've been using the rope mod on a diy stick for one stickin but am going to swap to a cam cleat to speed up the process. Even with the rope mod it seems there is too much fiddling around. With the cam it's slap it in and move up.

I'd like to try it. Guess I'm unsure about how to release the cam buckle to loosen the strap. Seems to me that you'd need some kind of extra pull tab similar to the wire that's on a ropeman. Wish there was a video on it.

I’ll look I had a video on how I do it without a cam cleat using a strap. I just make the loop big on the strap. Then you can pick up on the top step and twist the stick it will pop of the buckle. The video wasn’t that great took me a minute to try and figure out how to do it so you could see the angle but it got the point across. I’ll look for it and see if I can post it here.

I am using the strap that came with my Predator since it is lighter. I leave slack in the strap when I set my stick and it locks in place when you push the stick down. Once I climb up, I pull the stick straight up and do not remove or adjust the strap since trees narrow as you go up. I can make about 3 moves up the tree doing this before making any adjustments, so the stick will never fall off the tree and it is simpler than a rope and versa or cam cleat without moving or setting anything each time. All methods work, just find what works for you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I am using the strap that came with my Predator since it is lighter. I leave slack in the strap when I set my stick and it locks in place when you push the stick down. Once I climb up, I pull the stick straight up and do not remove or adjust the strap since trees narrow as you go up. I can make about 3 moves up the tree doing this before making any adjustments, so the stick will never fall off the tree and it is simpler than a rope and versa or cam cleat without moving or setting anything each time. All methods work, just find what works for you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Think I'm going to give this a go John. Thanks!

@ Cript2014, so you’re using an aider as well? Do you have a closeup pic of that aider?

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back