• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stik/rappel

Bigfoot522

Hi guys, I am sharing my climbing gear for the one stik crowd as thats my method.
If its already been posted, my apologies in advance.
I haven't been on for months.

Bear with me, it will be several posts.

This is my gear.
Lone wolf alpha folding leg stand,
Beast stik with aider and cam cleat
and notch slidind D belt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-103607_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-103607_Gallery.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 48
I use 8mm 30' line with a notch quickie on one end and a screw link on the other end.
6mm friction hitch,
Figure 8 and a soft shackle.

While weight is a consideration, noise is more important to me.

Note:
The f8 is a link in the system, a decender, a termination point when bypassing a branch and a hitch tender.

The friction hitch regulates your lean angle, suspension while climbing and backs up the f8 in decent.

The rappel line is used at both ends.

The quickie link is used in bypass and then in descent.

My saw slips right into the belt. No mod.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-103614_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-103614_Gallery.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 36
The D ring is wrapped in paracord for sound.
The soft shackle is made to capture the knot.Screenshot_20211003-103628_Gallery.jpg

I don't quite understand how you use the figure eight as a decender the way you have it tied in?

the stik is released dropping the cord(yellow)altogether then hauled up by hip cord.(orange)
This allows me to gain maxium climb per move. I don't need to reach the stik.
Screenshot_20211003-103647_Gallery.jpg
First I dislodge the stik with my haul line then it releases easier.

As I climb I am able to open my cord and then once I advance it to the fullest of my reach the f8 tends the hitch up snug before I sit into belt.Screenshot_20211003-103654_Gallery.jpg

The picture above shows bypass mode.
The cord is simply run thru the f8, wrapped twice and tucked like nech tie.

For descent the quickie is slipped onto the 8 completing the friction turn.

The hitch is released and held down with one hand as the other hand feeds the rope.

Let go of the hitch and you stop.
Remove your stand/ stik and continue descent. Screenshot_20211003-103700_Gallery.jpg

For descent the quickie is slipped onto the 8 completing the friction turn.

The hitch is released and held down with one hand as the other hand feeds the rope.

Let go of the hitch and you stop.
Remove your stand/ stik and continue descent. View attachment 54144

Last note.
As the friction hitch is not in friction on descent it doesn't get hot or wear.

The nly time I have metal on metal is when leaving. The quickie on the f8 and its actually not loud at all.

Back