• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

onX Imagery

roosterstraw

May 14, 2019
It looks like onX finally upgraded its imagery to a leaf off imagery. I like it much better than the old imagery they used. Not sure if it’s by area or if it’s everywhere.

roosterstraw

May 14, 2019
Well now my onx app and desktop are being painfully slow. But this is updated imagery and a new leaf off. Atleast it’s new for my area and I don’t live in a very populated area.

Reactions: Mschmeiske

Miztgrfan

Jul 13, 2020
I can’t even get OnX to load a map, been having the issue for the last day.

Buckeye

May 7, 2022
My onx maps are now updated, they weren't 30
minutes ago but they are now. Must be rolling out this morning. But like you, it is incredibly slow since none of these new images have been cached yet.

This update was painfully needed. Much better resolution than the last maps were.

Here you can see the updated tiles on the left with the new images and the old on the right.

Screenshot_20220804-095029_onX Hunt.jpg

Reactions: BTaylor

roosterstraw

May 14, 2019
Yeah their old imagery was pretty bad. Mine worked fine for a little bit though this morning and the new imagery is really nice. It’s not working now though.

roosterstraw

May 14, 2019
My onx maps are now updated, they weren't 30
minutes ago but they are now. Must be rolling out this morning. But like you, it is incredibly slow since none of these new images have been cached yet.

This update was painfully needed. Much better resolution than the last maps were.

Here you can see the updated tiles on the left with the new images and the old on the right.

View attachment 68673
Your updated version looks like a leaf on. I was seeing a leaf off. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Reactions: skydoc

swampbuck

Oct 8, 2015
GA
They finally improved the imagery for my area too (hooray!).

As I'm writing this, they seem to have a lot of issues with their backend services ... hybrid, topo, satellite, etc, and the new "hunt map layers." Hopefully they can iron it all out.

Reactions: skydoc

skydoc

Jan 25, 2022
Mines still leaf on imagery. Is there a better service that also incorporates offline maps?

bsites9

Dec 8, 2020
Mine hasn't been upgraded. But...I could have sworn there was a "terrain" option to go along with satellite, hybrid, etc. Now it's "Topo", which I know is the same thing. But the terrain option was just a little easier to read while looking at the phone.