• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

onX Landowner Phone Numbers

parkconner

SH Member
I’ve used onX for a couple years now and am wondering how you find the phone numbers for property owners? Like, let’s say I shoot an animal and it runs off onto private property, how would I find the phone number to call the property owner to ask permission to continue the track?

I’ve used onX for a couple years now and am wondering how you find the phone numbers for property owners? Like, let’s say I shoot an animal and it runs off onto private property, how would I find the phone number to call the property owner to ask permission to continue the track?

Uhhhh, phone book?

They still print those??? :)

Google, same way I find out about everything else in my life.

Thanks fellas. I figured a simple google search would do the trick but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a feature on the app or something.

I would go to yellowpages.com type in the name, city, state. I haven't had to actually call anyone yet but I've tested it with some private land close to public and the numbers most of the time pop up.

I use yellowpages.com sometimes. I'm pretty useful, especially if you know how to use it

I've used onX for a while too, and I know what you mean. Finding the landowner's phone number can be a challenge. But fortunately, onX does have a feature where they provide phone numbers for landowners. However, keep in mind that some phone numbers may be fake for verification purposes, so it's always a good idea to try contacting the landowner through other means as well, like email or snail mail. You can even use a fake phone number for verification for safety. And don't worry, with a little persistence, you should be able to get in touch with the landowner and get the permission you need. Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Sidebar story, I actually gained access to a parcel this way.
Back in my younger days before I knew how resilient deer were I didn’t give a liver shot doe enough time and chased her halfway across the state(felt like it) and ended up having to track across a neighboring property. I knocked on the door and a typical little old lady answered and I explained my plight and sought permission to pursue across their property. The husband was sitting in his recliner listening and wanted to know how I got their information. Guessing this was gonna take a minute I invited myself in and showed he and his wife how onX worked and the information available.(I had printouts of the parcel data). They were impressed and a bit taken aback by how much information was available to just anyone so I gave them the county number to call to have their names and parcel info suppressed(in my county you’ll just see “withheld” instead of the owner info). I ended up having a piece of fresh blueberry cobbler and chatting for spell. As I was leaving the older gentleman outta nowhere says well you seem like a nice young man so you can go ahead and hunt our property if you’d like. Man that was awesome, it was a great parcel with a creek at the bottom of a draw next to bedding area, harvested a few outta there. Sadly he passed away during peak covid but I’ll always be grateful for his generosity.

Back