• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OnX - timber clear cuts layer - NY

Mschmeiske

SH Member
I just learned about the timber clear cut layer on OnX, but once I turned it on, nothing shows up? Anyone else having this issue or is NY just not up to date? It looks like a solid future and even tells the type/year it was cut down. Help :sweatsmile:

They are really hard to see when looking at the map in satellite or hybrid mode but if you switch to topo they are easier to spot. At least in MN. I looked briefly in NY and didn't see much so it might be your state.

Attachments

• Timber cut.JPG
    Timber cut.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 22
It's there. I had to add all the available hunt layers to find it on my layers list though. Give that a go.
1fba132e0cc7d26a907d8d2dbe92026e.jpg

I’ve got it on, just don’t have any clear cuts showing up. I know where some are, but I’d really like to see all known ones.

I’ve got it on, just don’t have any clear cuts showing up. I know where some are, but I’d really like to see all known ones.

I could be wrong, but I believe it only shows cuts on federal land. State owned, and timber company land won't show up on that layer.

I think you'll have to contact onX. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be visible in NY but they are in MN.

Back