• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL Camera Arm Bracket Weight Reduction

ricky racer

I really like the design and versatility of the Out On A Limb, camera arm bracket but felt that it was a bit heavy. After all, it's just a camera mount and doesn't need to be nearly as robust as it is for holding a camera. Prior to taking it out to the woods this season, I decided to reduce the weight a bit. I disassembled the bracket and took the serrated "C" channel bracket and put it on a mill and cut away the draft angle and large radius from the inside of the channel. Next I drilled a couple of 1-3/8" holes in the face of the channel. The ball is solid and is heavier than you'd think so I cross drilled two 1" diameter holes through it which reduced the weight of the ball considerably. There's more weight to be cut off of it and I will probably shave a little more off before next season. I just thought I post some pictures here in case anyone might want to lighten theirs a bit. The difference is noticeable!

Camera Mount 1.jpg

Camera Mount.jpg

Back