• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opening day!!!

Tim0712

SH Member
Out of state opener today for me down in ct! Get in my tree sun breaks through and there’s a buncher and a forwarder 50 yards from me!!! Already had one little doe come through so hopefully they’re loggers that like to sleep in!

Out of state opener today for me down in ct! Get in my tree sun breaks through and there’s a buncher and a forwarder 50 yards from me!!! Already had one little doe come through so hopefully they’re loggers that like to sleep in!
Help me out, what’s a buncher and a forwarder

Ah, I see now. In the south we would have said a skidder and a pulp wood truck. Thanks! I learned something new today.
We use those terms here too, but they apply to different tools. Skidders are still used but are increasingly less common. And pulp wood trucks aka log trucks are very common but are only used on well established roads. A forwarder can scale mountains.
IMG_5427.jpegIMG_5426.jpeg

Back