• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opinions

CajunSlinger

SH Member
Looking for some opinions on how to hunt this buck. Picture attached shows the area. Clear cut is the lease and I have a feeder on right with no pictures of him. Trough to bottom has multiple pictures. Majority of pics have been around 8pm.

National Forest all around lease. Problem I have is can’t really hunt woods south of lease (where I know he’s coming from) without a south wind.

I’ll be in woods this weekend with nothing but south wind before front so I have my opportunity.

Question is where would you focus on? I was thinking the creek bottom coming out of SE corner of lease.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3741.png
    IMG_3741.png
    988.2 KB · Views: 34
With no scouting and only that pic, I would be looking at one of the 2 vegetative edges nearest the SE inside corner and most likely the one coming up to that corner.

That’s kinda what I’m thinking. It’s mostly piney woods with sporadic oaks sprinkles throughout. There’s a fire lane/logging road that runs the south edge of lease and wraps around SE corner towards the north.

Seen some good scrapes and rubs over the past year or two on fire lane. Guessing I’ll find a trail off that corner and scout back in bottom to start with.

Any idea what the winds are doing on the days he was going thru? Is he still on pattern? Is he headed to the west? What's over there? Doe bedding area or food? Is the food still there?

Wind didn’t change his pattern. Haven’t checked camera since early October so not sure if he’s still there. Could be heading west. That’s definitely more bedding with thick pine thickets.

Back