• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oplux/ beal jammy for a bridge

lungpuncher1

I'm thinking of using oplux and a 50cm jammy for a bridge. Basically tie oplux to left side loop with a figure 8 and then put the jammy on the opposite side with a prussic on the bridge loop and the oplux. similar to a utilibridge. Anyone see anything wrong with this?

I personally don't like the amsteel as a bridge but I do like the idea of the utilibridge, so this is my brainstorm.

I just did this with Oplux and used a TRC prusik on the right side. Looks just like original adjustable from Aero but with smaller lighter line. Seems to be super solid.

I do that with my saddles. Better than amsteel
Oplux plus TRC or Beal jammy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I'm thinking of using oplux and a 50cm jammy for a bridge. Basically tie oplux to left side loop with a figure 8 and then put the jammy on the opposite side with a prussic on the bridge loop and the oplux. similar to a utilibridge. Anyone see anything wrong with this?

I personally don't like the amsteel as a bridge but I do like the idea of the utilibridge, so this is my brainstorm.

102b5adf4ebbbf8856d3fb48c4b3b66d.jpg
bbb8a1cd2cac68e4097aa580a7205f71.jpg

Beal Jammy and Oplux on my TX5.

I am about to receive my oplux and TRC, are there any good instructional videos or threads on the topic? My search yielded some help but looking for a video lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done essentially this for the last two years but I run a schwebash hitch and a tender. Its a nice setup and if you're just climbing your bridge works as an extra linesman belt to get around branches so you're never untied from the tree.

I've got an oplux bridge and the same thing you mentioned but using TRC 6 mm and double fisherman knots to make the loop. I did it that way so I could make the TRC loop as small as possible, bringing the oplux as close to the bridge loop as feasible. If the beal jammy, the ones available might be too long or too short. If you figure out the perfect size let us know.

If you put the beal jammy on the left for a right handed shooter, then the effect of a longer than needed beal jammy will be lessened.

I just did this with Oplux and used a TRC prusik on the right side. Looks just like original adjustable from Aero but with smaller lighter line. Seems to be super solid.

TRC prusik on the left might be better if you are a rightie because your normal rotation will bring your tether carabiner to the right on the bridge.

102b5adf4ebbbf8856d3fb48c4b3b66d.jpg
bbb8a1cd2cac68e4097aa580a7205f71.jpg

Beal Jammy and Oplux on my TX5.

Does that girth hitch on the bridge loops allow you to position the jammy or oplux and it stays put on the loops? It does seem that a full prusik wrap might be overkill. What length jammy is that?

I am about to receive my oplux and TRC, are there any good instructional videos or threads on the topic? My search yielded some help but looking for a video lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you google utilibridge then the video will be close but spliced amsteel. Really, you just need to know how to tie a figure 8 (or overhand), double or single fisherman loop, and prusik hitch.

Does that girth hitch on the bridge loops allow you to position the jammy or oplux and it stays put on the loops? It does seem that a full prusik wrap might be overkill. What length jammy is that?

I may switch to TRC so I can shorten the Prussic loop. The opposit end of the Prussic is girth hitched to change the position on the bridge loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m about to do this with TRC. Did anyone figure out the length of Jammy/TRC needed when using double fisherman knots? I’d like to keep the prusik side short.

I’m about to do this with TRC. Did anyone figure out the length of Jammy/TRC needed when using double fisherman knots? I’d like to keep the prusik side short.
I used a 3’ piece of TRC and it made for a good short prusik after the double fisherman’s knot for a closed loop. It was short but I like it that way. It became perfect length after test sit at ground length.

I used maybe 3.5 to 4 feet of TRC for same style of Prusik on my Tether since the more length seemed appropriate.

It has been solid through all my practice sits and after about 8 hours in the tree so far this year.

I cut my amsteel bridge and loops off my phantom and added oplux and a duck for my bridge. I hook it right to my linemans loop Way easier to adjust and way more comfort!

Any cord with a dyneema,Technora, vectran, etc. core is usually recommended to be tied with a triple wrap “double fishermen’s“, the stuff is so slippery it can be pulled out of the knot with the cover still knotted.

Back