• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oplux Tether Advice Needed

Kwfranklin88

I’m purchasing a oplux tether and lineman’s belt from wild edge. Im gonna run the kong duck for lineman’s belt. I need advice on the tether.

I had a tethrd tether last year and the prusik carabiner combo was too long. I run my tether at chin height and could not get my prusik up far enough to be in a more leaning stance. With it all the way up I was still in a sitting position because the prusik and carabiner added so much length.

So I was going to use a duck on the tether to eliminate some of this length but I’m kind of afraid to use it on the tether.

I feel much safer with a prusik. Is the wild edge kiss line kit with prusik the same length as the tethrd?

If you are using oplux tether what are you using and how are you rigging it up?

I use an Oplux tether with a CT Rollnlock and tie an alpine butterfly knot above the stopper knot and connect to the carabiner as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1af86b19485aacc4b2afcbc500091ba.jpg

I use the same setup on my adjustable bridge...

0a9655af9362ffc02efac938fac04e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most straight forward way to go with the oplux tether is with beal jammy or Wild Edge's prusik loop. All other methods, besides mechanical require at least some familiarity with knots. Start studying poachers knots if you want a distel or schwabish hitch (which should allow you to get the tails a bit shorter). Or make your own continiuos loops with double fishermen's knots.
You've got research to do.

Back