• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oplux, TRC, Distel, Tether, Lineman's - KNOTS??

MNarrow

My head is spinning trying to figure out which knots I need for an Oplux tether and lineman's belts, both distel hitches and the lineman's will have a carabiner on the other end to attach to saddle loop.

What are the best/most popular knots for:

Tether 5" eye - ?
Lineman's carabiner end - ?
Distel to carabiner -?
Stopper knots on ends of both tether and lineman's - ?

My head is spinning trying to figure out which knots I need for an Oplux tether and lineman's belts, both distel hitches and the lineman's will have a carabiner on the other end to attach to saddle loop.

Tether 5" eye - figure 8 on bight
Lineman's carabiner end - figure 8 on bight
Distel to carabiner -poachers knot
Stopper knots on ends of both tether and lineman's - barrel knot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tether 5" eye - ?
Lineman's carabiner end - ?
Distel to carabiner -?
Stopper knots on ends of both tether and lineman's - ?

Tether—with oplux I use the figure 8 knot and adjust the loop to 5” before I tighten.

lineman’s...same knot but I make my loop about 2” and girth hitch it to my lineman’s loop.

Distel hitch loops to carabiner. With a 3’ length of TRC rope you need to use a double fisherman’s knot. I use this and a scwabisch friction hitch.
Stopper knots either an overhand or a figure 8. Take the knot and find a way to tighten it down with my weight.

I only use one rope, it’s my tether/rappel rope. No friction hitch as I use a Safeguard. I have a carabiner tied to the end using a scaffold knot. Double over hand in the other end as a stopper. My lineman’s is not rope so no knots there.

Thank you for the replies!!!

Would a overhand on a bight work for the tether and the lineman carabiner?

Is a double overhand the same as a barrel knot?

Is a double fisherman's the same as a poacher's knot?

I’m using a sewn eye on my tether and LB but a figure eight works great. Distel with TRC as a friction hitch and poachers knots to the carabiner. I don’t use a tender on my tether and have been using one of DanO’s tending devices on my LB. Wouldn’t change a thing.

d0967eecd19cb90c23912376822d946d.jpg

Barrel knot is a great option for the stopper. I use one on my tether and LB.

0def0d04e0fd53fe09229dd4d7123497.jpg

@weekender21 Did you sew the eyes yourself or have it done?

I have been looking into oplux to replace all my ropes In the off season but I’m not a fan of knots and bulk they add.

That’s what I was afraid of. Buying form DanO would be so much cheaper but guess I will have to decide between knots or $$.

Back