• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opting out

Saddle hunting doesn’t appeal to everyone. That’s ok. Good luck with whichever method you choose.

I will say that I have a couple friends that haven't bought in, but I tell them, "even if you don't use a saddle, the amount of knowledge on here that's relevant to hunting in general, and the relative lack of horsepoop on here, makes the forum an excellent resource even if you don't saddle hunt".

I will say that I have a couple friends that haven't bought in, but I tell them, "even if you don't use a saddle, the amount of knowledge on here that's relevant to hunting in general, and the relative lack of horsepoop on here, makes the forum an excellent resource even if you don't saddle hunt".

I learned a lot from this sight and enjoy all types of setups. Just gotta go with what works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not giving it up. Not til they put me in the ground. Just getting older and am considering more ground options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with ground hunting I still love to hunt from the ground when it is called for!! Nothing like being eye to eye with your prey at 15yards with a stick and string!!!!! Good luck buddy!!!

Sorry it didn't work out for you Steve.
Can you give us some background info as to why you didn't like it? Things like maybe it was too expensive or needed too much gear, uncomfortable facing tree, not confident with knots, rigging etc, complicated set up, don't like change or prefer ground hunting, age and flexibility limitations. Any insight would be helpful with this bunch, who knows someone might be able to come up with a solution to change your mind.

Best of luck to you!

Sorry it didn't work out for you Steve.
Can you give us some background info as to why you didn't like it? Things like maybe it was too expensive or needed too much gear, uncomfortable facing tree, not confident with knots, rigging etc, complicated set up, don't like change or prefer ground hunting, age and flexibility limitations. Any insight would be helpful with this bunch, who knows someone might be able to come up with a solution to change your mind.

Best of luck to you!

Been a tree trimmer until about 25 years ago, lineman since then. No troubles with heights, getting up there or trusting equipment. I felt to confined by facing the tree. Cramped might be a better description. I prefer the openness of facing away. I did try ground hunting this year and kinda liked it. The older I get the closer to the ground the better it will be. One of these days that will be all I do.

Been a tree trimmer until about 25 years ago, lineman since then. No troubles with heights, getting up there or trusting equipment. I felt to confined by facing the tree. Cramped might be a better description. I prefer the openness of facing away. I did try ground hunting this year and kinda liked it. The older I get the closer to the ground the better it will be. One of these days that will be all I do.

Ground hunting is my preferred method too. My dad had a fall from a home built plywood stand several years ago and still feels the effects. He hunts exclusively from the ground and is by far more successful year to year than me. It takes some time to figure it out, but I believe you can be just as successful from the ground than any other method. Good luck!

Back