• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Options wanted on the seeker

ketch22

SH Member
Ok folks here we go, looking for as much info on platforms as I can get. Specifically the seeker. At the moment as far as climbing goes, Im using either 4 novix modded sticks or 2TC. I use a ROS once up. I tend to be “fidgety” and go between standing and sitting every 20 min or so. I’m debating on going to a platform in conjunction with a few steps. The woods I generally hunt in are small so carrying the extra 4-5 pounds is a non issue. I’m liking that the seeker has the angled portion on it. Really I’m hoping to be able to stand up and add or change layers while at height, I’m not comfortable doing in on my ROS.

does anyone have pros or cons on the seeker?

I have the seeker and really like the seeker. I like the angled section and is comfortable. You will get a lot of guys that will diss on the angled front because its not big enough. but i think its plenty.

I have a Seeker and like it a lot. Don't know about it being big enough to change clothes on though. Never tried it.

i guess I could have worded that better. More like adding and reviving my top layers. The problem with my ROS is I have to add all my layers on the ground because I have no way of adequately standing in order to get my jacket on.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger it’s back ordered for two weeks but i have 5/6 weeks til the opener so I should be able to get it painted and fumigated.

One question I have for you guys, is everyone using the versa strap or is anyone using rope mods?

I use the strap. You will get different opinions in that area based on safety vs weight, etc. some people use amsteel for platforms. Some people swear against it. Some people smoke Marlboros. Some roll their own.

I use the strap. You will get different opinions in that area based on safety vs weight, etc. some people use amsteel for platforms. Some people swear against it. Some people smoke Marlboros. Some roll their own.

hahaha so true. i have four cam buckle straps sitting around from my novix sticks and they were always rock solid

When I ordered my seeker last Wednesday it told me “up to two week back order”. I jumped on the site and it now says 3-4 weeks and the price went up $5.

im a bit concerned it’ll be delayed and the spray paint camo job won’t offgas in time.

You're lucky, today there are a lot of choices in platforms, the Seeker is a good choice, in my opinion. I have a Predator myself but if I were buying a platform today, it would probably be the Seeker.

Yea, like I said though, I’m hoping it comes in fast enough for me to be able to get the smell of the spray paint out. My zone opens 9/17 and statewide is 10/1.

I use a EWO stick with the UP platform. It’s small!!! I just wanted to add that 2 steps on a ROS works great. I started with 4 but 1 at 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock works for me on most trees.

Personally I would skip the paint job till end of season.

And do what? Leave it straight silver? I’m worried about it being too flashy and drawing unwanted looks. Not trying to come off as rude I just do t wanna get picked off

And do what? Leave it straight silver? I’m worried about it being too flashy and drawing unwanted looks. Not trying to come off as rude I just do t wanna get picked off

Maybe tape it up then. Stealth strips, Vet Wrap, Slayer tape, that kind of stuff. Or some paracord wrap/weave (not my favorite).

I never painted my LW stands/climbers and have never attributed that to getting picked off. But I get where you're coming from too, why risk something easily taken out of the equation.

I've never painted my Predator and don't intend to. As long as I'm standing on it and not swinging it over my head, a deer isn't going to pick me off.

Thanks for the reply’s, I’ll see how quickly it comes in, maybe I’ll just go old school and weave some sticks through the bottom with some leaves.

Back