• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OTC mule deer help

matthew_grffn

Not sure if this is right place for this, but figured some of you guys may could help. Does anyone have any info they’d share on an over the counter mule deer hunt? Me and a few buddies are planning a trip for next year. We were looking at Nebraska because of cheaper tag prices and the availability, but the more I look into it the more I see that it’s way over pressured and not a great chance to tag a buck. We have started looking into Idaho also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I went to Montana (it is not OTC) but good shot at drawing a deer tag only. You can also chase antelope at that time for an other $250 (which is super fun). We both had success 2nd to last day (day 8). It took a solid 5 days or so to get into deer but we found some good spots and actually made it happen. I think each tag was around $600 for out of staters.

Let me know if you'd like more info. It was our first out of state hunt so I did a butt ton of research and seeked advice from many people. Mostly on some other forums. It was a blast and I feel Montana had good deer numbers although most people told me there wasn't a lot of trophies but that isn't what we were going for in this case. Ours were trophies in our minds for sure!

Attachments

• DSC05906.JPG
    DSC05906.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05932.JPG
    DSC05932.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC05943 (1).JPG
    DSC05943 (1).JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0477 (1).JPG
    IMG_0477 (1).JPG