• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Out on a Limb Camera Base

FletchDeep

I've been putting off upgrading my camera arm situation from the muddy outfitter for a few years now. Was going to get the fourth arrow until I found this little gem. Weighs 2.6 lbs out of the box and I think packs better than any other option. Will level on absolutely any tree. As a bonus it fits the muddy arm. It's small size is perfect for saddle hunters and I think with a few holes drilled out might get it under 2 lbs.
787cd008f404fa9564966b6e4e876fb5.jpg
c8b4d769fb3dfd74a5df66a1d3b8779c.jpg
8c4971bbac475924e6b0ba8817fb0825.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've been putting off upgrading my camera arm situation from the muddy outfitter for a few years now. Was going to get the fourth arrow until I found this little gem. Weighs 2.6 lbs out of the box and I think packs better than any other option. Will level on absolutely any tree. As a bonus it fits the muddy arm. It's small size is perfect for saddle hunters and I think with a few holes drilled out might get it under 2 lbs.
787cd008f404fa9564966b6e4e876fb5.jpg
c8b4d769fb3dfd74a5df66a1d3b8779c.jpg
8c4971bbac475924e6b0ba8817fb0825.jpg

Is it aluminum?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Like you I was due for an upgrade. I was using a 3rd arm bandit and although I like the arm the base lacks any leveling feature. I ended up buying the 4th arrow base and putting an aluminum bar into the 3rd bandit camera arm to drop into the 4Th arrow base. Works great. BUT man that base is way too bulky and heavy. I plan on cutting it down to reduce the size and weight I just haven’t gotten around to it. I saw the out in a limb base but I didn’t see the option to buy just the base. How much did you pay for it and does it have a leveling bubble on it. Thanks

Like you I was due for an upgrade. I was using a 3rd arm bandit and although I like the arm the base lacks any leveling feature. I ended up buying the 4th arrow base and putting an aluminum bar into the 3rd bandit camera arm to drop into the 4Th arrow base. Works great. BUT man that base is way too bulky and heavy. I plan on cutting it down to reduce the size and weight I just haven’t gotten around to it. I saw the out in a limb base but I didn’t see the option to buy just the base. How much did you pay for it and does it have a leveling bubble on it. Thanks
You have to call and order the base it was 60 with shipping. The base doesn't have a level but luckily my muddy arm does.

Thanks for posting bro. I’ll call them Tomorrow. As nice as the 4th arrow is I just can’t get past the weight and size. Having the separate tool to adjust the ball joint is another draw back. This looks like it will weigh less and pack better. Ditching the tool is a big plus too. Hopefully my arm will drop right in.

Thanks for posting bro. I’ll call them Tomorrow. As nice as the 4th arrow is I just can’t get past the weight and size. Having the separate tool to adjust the ball joint is another draw back. This looks like it will weigh less and pack better. Ditching the tool is a big plus too. Hopefully my arm will drop right in.
If your arm fits the fourth arrow base it wont fit this one stock anyway. You can probably find the right size bushing for it and switch it out though.

Can u pm me his contact info? I’m not on Facebook

Thought you all might like this. 4.2 lbs for base, arm, and strap. Fluid head will bump it a little but should be under 5 lbs total and packs better than any other option.IMG_20190106_152708_339.jpgIMG_20190106_152708_351.jpg

Awesome. Can’t wait to get my hands on that base. Do you find that you can get it tight enough with that strap ? I have always needed a ratchet strap with any base I have used. I had a little wiggle when using a strap like you have pictured.

Awesome. Can’t wait to get my hands on that base. Do you find that you can get it tight enough with that strap ? I have always needed a ratchet strap with any base I have used. I had a little wiggle when using a strap like you have pictured.
Haven't had a chance to test it on a tree yet. If the cam buckle doesn't work I will try an OCB, then worst case I will move onto a ratchet.

81a7e049286e3ac8f18643b5faaa3475.jpg
I would like to see someone setting this thing up on a tree this handle gets in the way should I trim it down I still need a arm for it I thought my hawk arm would fit but it doesn’t

81a7e049286e3ac8f18643b5faaa3475.jpg
I would like to see someone setting this thing up on a tree this handle gets in the way should I trim it down I still need a arm for it I thought my hawk arm would fit but it doesn’t
The handle has a ratchet system. Pull out on it and you can reset it to give it another 3/4 turn.

You might want to contact Matt. He may ask you to ship the base and your arm to him and he can router out more so it fits?

Back