• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Out on a Limb

I recently picked one up. Seems simple enough. Really good traction.
Cams over easy enough, but can be picky.

I have one. Solid and easy to set up. I have 3 amreristeps on the strap as well. Works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Definitely liking mine. Here's what I think about it.

+Rock solid, does not move
+Roomy, and the angled sides really helps with positioning for the more odd angle shots.
+Plenty of traction
+Quiet when set up, no squeaking
+Nice, beautiful leveling knob
+Matt is transparent and ships fairly fast
-A bit concerned about losing the leveling knob, though it hasn't happened yet for me.
-The cam strap setup is a love-hate thing. Easy to tighten and common, but has potential for noise
-One of the bulkier platforms out there, a bit harder to pack and a touch heavier
-The studs for the strap are a bit small, so it can be tricky to set up if you don't keep tension on the strap
-Almost too grippy. The teeth really like to catch on my turkey vest when stowing or retrieving

Extremely solid. I added some stealth strip to the two spots that touch the platform in transport to keep things quiet. The strap can fall off the studs if you're not careful but after the first couple times out I've got it figured out. I have found that tightening the strap, caming over, RETIGHTING the strap, and them cam over a second time really helps seat the platform.

I have a Ridge Runner on the way. How are y’all packing them? My pack is a alps outdoors big bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strap mine to my pack to hike and then hang it on a carabiner on molle loop on back of saddle for easy access once i'm ready to set it up

I strap my ridge runner to my pack with my tree knee pad over it so it is silent and tight to my pack. I have an old winchester pack that is perfect with molle loops and strap that runs up the back and middle of the pack. Perfect for the ridge runner..I attach it to my saddle with a nite ize gear tie. Easy on. and easy off and silent.

Mine nest with my sticks strapped on my pack.

I hear alot about modified helium sticks. How many do you use and how much do they weigh?

I hear alot about modified helium sticks. How many do you use and how much do they weigh?
I use 3 at 6.90 lbs.
20363de84fe2f28c4074d84d9e315b60.jpg

Back