• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PA 5c and 5d

I'm pumped! Weather looks great for September! Tree is all set with ladder stand with a stick so i just need to put in rigde runner and Relax at about 21'!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good luck guys! I’m 5C-5D too, I’m hoping to get out Saturday also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to find my camo tee shirt from last year. I went to Walmart today and they didn't have any. Maybe it will have to be timberpimp for me. I'm going to take it easy and get there around 8AM. Weather should be beautiful. My camo pants are sprayed with Permethrin.

I’m 2A and 2B as well. Camp in 2F. Excited to start but it won’t be this Saturday. Weather does look good though. I’ll have to live vicariously threw you guys.

I’m 2A and 2B as well. Camp in 2F. Excited to start but it won’t be this Saturday. Weather does look good though. I’ll have to live vicariously threw you guys.
Small world, same here 2b,2a, 2f sw mckean co! I wasnt all that pumped this year until the weather broke, waking up to 47* flipped my switch!!

Tomorrow, load the truck with all the less valuable stuff including pack with platform, rope and knife, cleaning gloves, saddle and spare saddle, pimp cane, boots. Remember to bring license on Saturday, load crossbow and whatever else I forgot. Don't need no dragging rope since I climb SRT.

I'm hearing some EHD issues in the area near Pymatuning. Dependable source is finds dead deer.
I'm actually shocked this is the first I've heard of it this year, o was expecting the worst. In my area the lake is down 2' which is extremely low, quite close to no outflow margin. That sucks to hear hes finding some, it was a warm summer and wet up north perfect for ehd.

I'm hearing some EHD issues in the area near Pymatuning. Dependable source is finds dead deer.
With as dry as this summer has been, I’m thankful but surprised that it hasn’t been worse. I have a camera hung on a spring (mud hole that always has water) the amount of deer traffic has been unreal.

With as dry as this summer has been, I’m thankful but surprised that it hasn’t been worse. I have a camera hung on a spring (mud hole that always has water) the amount of deer traffic has been unreal.
Yeah, the drought has been horrible at my house. Many rain event have missed me, and sometimes by only a mile.
I will never forget the summer of 1988...dry as a bone and high temps, broke 103 a few times. This has been the driest summer since then.

Ive got some big boys on camera in 4C already, just waiting a couple weeks yet. In 5C, ill be hunting at my parents house for meat. Usually ill be able to get one down opening day and that will hold me over until I get another one down.

Starting the laundry now. Giving the gear one last check, snack and water in the Tool belt. Will shoot a little today. Thankful to have a day off and the opportunity to hunt with a couple friends.
OGB

I'm heading to my hunting area now for a walk around and a tree sit.

Dryer stopped working with tomorrow’s clothes in it. Trouble shot it to main control board. $150 it will be here Monday. Hope the clothes air dry this afternoon!!

I did some scouting today. Didn't see any deer but enjoyed the weather. Tomorrow early. I mostly saw deer around 10 or 11AM.

Last edited:
Back