• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack and quiver placement in the tree

elk yinzer

SH Member
What have you found optimal placement for your pack, to access it with minimal movement, but also not to impede 360 shooting and saddle maneuverability? I don't dilly dally in my pack a ton, but I'll usually stow water in there, and food for all day sits. Layers, gloves, and hats too.

Likewise for guys that prefer to shoot with quiver off, stowing it away but quick access to the "oh chit arrow".

What gear do you use to accomplish this, hangers both screw-in and strap variety? And where do you put it?

As I have been fine tuning my setups these last couple weeks, I've played around with this and not found any perfect options yet.

I like to hang both my quiver (and pack when I use one) at 2 o'clock on the tree from a stap on hanger. I keep my bow at 9 o'clock. These seem to work the best for me as a right hand shot. If I need a second arrow, I'm not worried about movement. I reach around the tree with my right hand and yank down and out of the quiver for another arrow.

I'm righty. My pack hangs anywhere between 1:00-3:00 on the tree depending on tree size. It is usually hanging around waist height when I'm standing. I just have a strap with a hook that I hang it on. I have a biner that I hang off the pack loop which I attach my quiver to.

I haven't found the perfect setup either. I can tell you that after years of being a quiver- off guy, I've found it to be far simpler to leave it on and hang the bow from the quiver hood.

Pack usually goes about three quarters towards the back of the tree on my right. As my gear profile shrinks, I'm seriously looking into a fanny pack that stays directly in front of me, so I can easily access a water bottle, thrrmacell, and compass.

The back of my pack is padded so I’m placing it directly in front of me and using it as knee pads. My quiver will be to my right side.

I used to remove my quiver. I would use my LB binered to my tree tether. I would use the other end biner with ropeman to clip my pack and the quiver at about waist height. That was on a hang on. Now I keep my quiver on and use a lone Wolf utility belt to hang my bow on one side and my pack is hanging from it with a small cord at about waist hieght on the other side.

I use the G3 treestand backpack. I hang it directly in front of me with the quiver on the right side of the pack. I used to hang it around the back side of the tree but have found it easier to both get to things with minimal movement and for shooting right in front of me is best. My bow is hanging on the left side of the tree.

I am right handed and hang my quiver at 2-3 o’clock on the tree. I use a strap gear hanger with 3 hooks on it, and position it about 4 inches under my tether. Around chin height when standing on a platform. I hang my pack at the 6 o’clock position and bow at the 9 o’clock position.

Back