• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack for Ridge Runner

Husker

Anyone have a good pack that they are using for a Ridge Runner platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a good pack that they are using for a Ridge Runner platform?

5.11 used to make a backpack that had a little pouch on the outside, and a spot on the bottom, both work well for ridge runner. I think it has been discontinued though.
cb1de4996dc99bb880be7ba07f26eba7.jpg
0e52a41f32d9ffa4cd7b84009a4bd4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

5.11 used to make a backpack that had a little pouch on the outside, and a spot on the bottom, both work well for ridge runner. I think it has been discontinued though.
cb1de4996dc99bb880be7ba07f26eba7.jpg
0e52a41f32d9ffa4cd7b84009a4bd4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I just strap mine to the back of the pack using the buckle straps meant for holding a bow I think. Between the RR and the pack I sandwich in the knee pad I use against the tree. The pad seems to hold the RR pretty well and keeps it from siding around too much because it’s that foam rubber ya know. And protects the backpack from fraying from the really abrasive coating on the RR.

I'm considering adding a DIY pouch to my pack to help hold the ridge runner and one stick. I have some cordura and webbing with some buckles that I could use already.

The rr fits well in badlands super day pack. You have to turn it where it goes in the main compartment. If using sticks they will lash well using the compression straps.

I’m using a popup 28. Ridge runner on the load shelf, and my shikars lashed to the outside. BC72FE8F-98B4-4B09-A433-A2282295925F.jpeg

Do you have a photo you can post of your platform and sticks attached to your pack? Thanks in advance
The first two pictures are with one Muddy Pro that I use to one stick. The other picture is with 3 full length leverage stick.
Do you have a photo you can post of your platform and sticks attached to your pack? Thanks in advance
The first two pictures are with one Muddy Pro that I use to one stick. The other picture is with 3 full length leverage sticks. IMG_2777.JPGIMG_2778.JPGIMG_2779.JPG

Back