• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack for XL platform plus 3 beast sticks

domester

Hey guys, I'm liking the predator XL platform a lot and curious what people are finding works best to carry an XL platform plus 3 beast sticks. Right now I'm thinking a MR pop-up 28 so that I can stick the platform on the meat shelf and then strap the sticks to the outside like I would with most other packs. I saw trophyline has that new CAYS pack. I like the built in platform holder but I think the pop up keeping that weight closer to my back would likely be more comfortable. Any options I'm missing and does my thought process with the mr pop up make sense? Also open to the pop up 38 but don't think I need the room. Just thinking having a way to carry the platform as close to my back makes the most sense. I should mention that I also have a mission coming and don't know if I'll keep the predator XL or mission and want this pack to carry either.

I have a badlands pursuit (too small to carry XL weight comfortably) and badlands 2200 (great pack just really big in the tree, would likely sell this if I get the pop-up).

Hey guys, I'm liking the predator XL platform a lot and curious what people are finding works best to carry an XL platform plus 3 beast sticks. Right now I'm thinking a MR pop-up 28 so that I can stick the platform on the meat shelf and then strap the sticks to the outside like I would with most other packs. I saw trophyline has that new CAYS pack. I like the built in platform holder but I think the pop up keeping that weight closer to my back would likely be more comfortable. Any options I'm missing and does my thought process with the mr pop up make sense? Also open to the pop up 38 but don't think I need the room. Just thinking having a way to carry the platform as close to my back makes the most sense. I should mention that I also have a mission coming and don't know if I'll keep the predator XL or mission and want this pack to carry either.

I have a badlands pursuit (too small to carry XL weight comfortably) and badlands 2200 (great pack just really big in the tree, would likely sell this if I get the pop-up).

82030f29499a55fcf95711c146d6c693.jpg

816a6209e18925bffffe1433dcc45ba7.jpg

Sitka Toolbox for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82030f29499a55fcf95711c146d6c693.jpg

816a6209e18925bffffe1433dcc45ba7.jpg

Sitka Toolbox for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a slick setup, I probably should add that to the list. I do wonder if it would fit the mission though as it's a bit bigger than the predator XL. Could you strap the sticks to the back as opposed to the side? I don't think my beast sticks would fit like that given the double step. I also go through a lot of brush so I'm always concerned with stuff catching.

I use all thread to hold the beast sticks together, and then use the lone wolf 3-way bungee (THe same one used to hold the sit and climb together. you can buy it off their website) to secure the beast sticks to the platform (I have a TL mission). It makes a nice compact flat bundle. Then I can strap this to the back of any backpack. I am currently using the Kifaru evade pack and using the clips and molle to secure everything to the pack.

The picture is of the X2 with 4 full size XOP sticks and a LW Assassin. As far as I know that is some of the biggest gear out there and it handled it well. I believe the Mission and the Assassin are similar in size but not weight.

Attachments

• 490FEFC2-07F9-48B4-97FA-A64877C8414E.jpeg
    490FEFC2-07F9-48B4-97FA-A64877C8414E.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 102
The picture is of the X2 with 4 full size XOP sticks and a LW Assassin. As far as I know that is some of the biggest gear out there and it handled it well. I believe the Mission and the Assassin are similar in size but not weight.
Appreciate the pics. I agree the mission should be pretty similar. Curious to see which one I like better

I have a trophy line mission. I Also have a mystery ranch pop up 38. It is a heavy combination. The pop up 28 Would be better for your application than the pop-up 38. The 38 has too many attachment points to make it easy to put the platform between the bag and the frame. I also brush bust a lot and having it hanging off the back is a problem for that because it does get caught a lot. It is just mildly annoying to have to set 6 buckles when you are setting your platform in your backpack.
ec154c644ebdfdf73458dd68060cb064.jpg
2533624c8c6becf757c47c1caa374a61.jpg
1a4d6ffe625a9146f677357345479519.jpg
dd3f39a22b0a79431a5bdebae4e63ad6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like MR pop up 28. Packs nicely with beast sticks and predator. I don’t like to use the meat shelf as there are more bucks and noise. These are old pics and now I attach them upside down to help backpack stand up in its own.

202A23B6-F5BC-46BF-A51E-67D8FCC3FED4.jpegD88232C6-AE39-4D12-B730-480E64548EFF.jpeg

I have a trophy line mission. I Also have a mystery ranch pop up 38. It is a heavy combination. The pop up 28 Would be better for your application than the pop-up 38. The 38 has too many attachment points to make it easy to put the platform between the bag and the frame. I also brush bust a lot and having it hanging off the back is a problem for that because it does get caught a lot. It is just mildly annoying to have to set 6 buckles when you are setting your platform in your backpack.
ec154c644ebdfdf73458dd68060cb064.jpg
2533624c8c6becf757c47c1caa374a61.jpg
1a4d6ffe625a9146f677357345479519.jpg
dd3f39a22b0a79431a5bdebae4e63ad6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That is helpful sir appreciate it. Curious to see how I like the mission. May be too much

Back