• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack Questions

Goodtimekiller

SH Member
I haven’t been saddle hunting long, and like most guys here, i am always rigging something. I have a contact with a pack company snd they make lots of whitetail packs. I was thinking of talking to him about a saddle hinting pack. I have decided there isnt a perfect saddle pack. One to carry sticks and everything else you need. Before i did this i wanted to ask everyone for their input so i could have a pretty good idea of what to include (pockets, etc) on the pack. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. I have a horn hunter g2 I really like, wish the inside pocket was better, maybe divided up into sub pockets. Def molle on the outside, tie down straps on the left and right side of pack. Maybe a platform pocket, kinda like a laptop pocket on the inside? Tie downs on the bottom to lash down a coat or something.

Hmm. I have a horn hunter g2 I really like, wish the inside pocket was better, maybe divided up into sub pockets. Def molle on the outside, tie down straps on the left and right side of pack. Maybe a platform pocket, kinda like a laptop pocket on the inside? Tie downs on the bottom to lash down a coat or something.

I have the HHG2 as well, and after I complained about it last season I came back to it with renewed appreciation.

Pros:
Made mostly out of felt
Lots of straps for attaching stuff (sides, back and bottom)
Just about the right size for a treestand pack to carry the necesities
Belt and straps for good carrying comfort

Cons:
Frickin loud zippers!
Pocket distribution could be better

So taking the HHG2 design, the strap could be reinforced so that they will be more durable when carrying sticks. More MOLLE, I'd say. Better pocket distribution. Oh and quiet zippers!

Back