• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pack/sticks/scout...slim!!!

swampsnyper

Kuiu Venture 1800, modified lonewolf sticks, and a scout on a stick. Very happy with its packability.

333117157d97b751644659f751c4b31b.jpg

f2b812b473c8440a8d4d0fa1f2cf6a75.jpg

Cool set up. Got that pack last year and have really enjoyed it so far. For the gear I carry and the way I hunt, I have yet to come up with anything I would want different in a pack.

Cool set up. Got that pack last year and have really enjoyed it so far. For the gear I carry and the way I hunt, I have yet to come up with anything I would want different in a pack.
I love it. Been having it for a few years now. Packs a deboned doe well also. I never had a tenzing or badlands pack last this long. It's tough and carries a load well without a lot of BS added to it.

Very nice! Also curious about the scout on a stick

I've been toying with the idea of a scout for those sits 4 hours or less. I like having your climbing method also be your platform. Are you able to get off a weak side shot?

I haven’t hunted with it yet. Our season opens this weekend. But practicing in the yard, any tree basketball size are smaller, I was able to take most shots without the aid of any squirrel steps on the side. It’s because the scout on a stick stands off the tree more than a ring of steps or wild edge stepp. If you are really confident in your ninja saddle moves, there is a lot you can do with a scout.

Swampsynper could you give a little more detail on the mods and the scout mounting?

Scout mounting is straight forward. Just bolts to the top of your stick.
My stick mods are that I made the stand offs be able to fully spend so they can side stack, I also cut the sticks down to a 2 step size, then I added a cable aider. There are a few post on here for those mods.

I haven’t hunted with it yet. Our season opens this weekend. But practicing in the yard, any tree basketball size are smaller, I was able to take most shots without the aid of any squirrel steps on the side. It’s because the scout on a stick stands off the tree more than a ring of steps or wild edge stepp. If you are really confident in your ninja saddle moves, there is a lot you can do with a scout.
Are you putting an extra strap on the scout to help with side pressure?

Rotating standoffs on your cut down lone wolf with single steps....using an insert, or washers for spacing?

Kuiu Venture 1800, modified lonewolf sticks, and a scout on a stick. Very happy with its packability.

333117157d97b751644659f751c4b31b.jpg

f2b812b473c8440a8d4d0fa1f2cf6a75.jpg
I'm back and forth between the straight and angled scout.

Does the scout ride well facing your back side? Like it doesnt stick in your back neck?

Also is that 1/4" amsteel your using for attaching your sticks with stock LW versa?

Back