• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing in Spurs/Spikes

predatorhunter

All,
How are you spur folks packing in spurs for the hunt? I am constantly trying to stream line how I pack things into the hunt and have not found what I consider an efficient and safe :) way to pack in Spurs. Seems like the spurs are dictating the type of pack I end up using, which seems excessive. My three big items are:
Spurs, Predator Platform, Tree Squeeze, and of course my saddle which I wear in. Everything else are small items.

I just bought the SOG Opord. I have my predator platform and spikes packed on the outside. I am really liking it so far but haven’t been able to use it in the field.

What are you using for a tree squeeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought the SOG Opord. I have my predator platform and spikes packed on the outside. I am really liking it so far but haven’t been able to use it in the field.

What are you using for a tree squeeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am using the actual Buckingham Tree Squeeze. I tried a friction saver from wesspur but it was difficult to flip up the tree. May try it again later1569379129256.png1569379447102.png

First is the tree squeeze, second is the friction saver.

I don't use a tree squeeze, but my spurs, camera gear, predator platform and other gear fit inside my Badlands Dash (I wear my saddle in/out). I do strap my 4th arrow camera arm to one side but everything else I need fits nicely inside that pack.

Back