• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing Sticks w/Saddle

voz86

For those of you that use sticks, how are you packing them in? In a backpack? Bungee them to a backpack? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

im thinking this year im gonna use my turkey vest. there are a lot of other post previously of others doing so if you search it

Used to have a pack but I don’t like hunting with a pack. So this year I’m going to just throw em over the shoulder with a strap. Using my back band as my shoulder strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So this year I'm going to have a very streamlined system for early season. Sticks and platform lashed together with an over the shoulder carry strap and away I go.

I put a sling together with adjustable loops and a prussik to adjust the length. I added a backpack strap pad for comfort. The loops go around both ends of the sticks & tighten down. I put the sling over my shoulder & pack and remove slack. Goal is to avoid taking off my backpack at the base of the tree to limit prep time before I'm climbing.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

... But why would the Godfather of the one stick method carry more than one stick? :p

I grab whatever suits the terrain & cover. I must admit I have recently given up “one sticking” cold turkey. The Assault platform climbs just as efficiently climbing “no sticking”!!!!

If I'm 1 sticking, I just use my daisy chain as a kind of sling and then put my ROS in my fanny pack.

If I'm using multiple sticks I just use a backpack...last year and the year before I ran an Alps pack.

Last year I switched to just running a meat packing pack, pack my gear out if I kill and then walk back in and process and pack out the game meat. Creates a little extra walking sometimes but it doesn't matter much because its convenient.

I've used that meat shelf to carry in my single stick and fanny pack, then I've killed and carried it all out in one shot. MOSTLY for me it depends on how far I'm going.

I picked up a tip somewhere here, cant remember who it was if i find it ill post the link, but im using my tree accessory strap as a sling to tote my stick (one sticking with scout on top). I like the idea of redundant uses of gear.

Ive got one end girth hitched to the stick, then use a carabiner to attach to the bottom

Back