• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing up Hawk Minis with aiders and rope mods

Droptine82

Got amsteel aiders on 3 of the hawk Minis, one of the 3 has a double. Also have amsteel for wrapping the tree. Trying to find the best way to wrap these all up and click together. Debating if it is easier to just leave the tree ropes in my pouch and attach as i go up. Cant seem to find a good way to wrap all on the same stick and then get them to click in together. Wondering if a single aider that i move as i go is the best way. Just looks like a massive pile of rope in the way at the moment and looks like it could be trouble in the dark. Any pics or what someone else is doing would be helpful thanks.

I like the idea of a movable aider. I don’t like straps hanging around and flapping in the wind. It's just one more thing for deer to pick up on. I have a two step aider that moves with me as I go up. Once I get to hanging height I'll toss it in my backpack.

I made a CAYG aider and it may be the ticket for you. Made an elastic band across the top to hold onto my boot and on top another elastic band with a cheap biner to put on my belt so it doesnt fall off. Would be bad. But its just a single step.

Back