• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

packing your sit drag

noxninja

i have been through back packs fanny packs string packs ect...trying to find the best way to pack in sit drag and climbing gear which consists of the sit/drag, tether, 4 step web aider and back support strap along with very few misc items....what exactly do you pack your stuff in with and what is in it as to what you consider essentials?
Deer season winding down here and Im already thinking of next year!

Reactions: PJC
SD I wear around my waist and ropes and such go in a dump pouch on the side. Don't even know it's there when walking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the 5.11 Rush 12 backpack, and it fits everything I carry in without having to strap anything to the outside.

b33da22d0b8fe918528a70d2a0aa76ab.jpg

Contents are:

Browning Dark Ops camera
wild game innovations cam
Knee brace
2 Linesman belts (11' Yale bandit, 2 carabiners, and a ropeman1 each)
EZKut hand drill
25 bolts
2 screw in bow holders
Film canister of milkweed
Small skinning knife
Hand saw
2 Pens
Zip ties for attaching tags
Snacks
Sit Drag and bridge
Allen wrenches each size for bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wear it in, ropes hooked to form a loop, over my head/arm. No pack.

I don't use a sit and drag, but whatever saddle I use, I wear it in. The saddle and its ropes go almost unnoticed when I wear it.

I strap my climbing stick, platform and sitdrag to my backpack. I have three different backpacks depending on the situation, but I just strap it all to the front. I have two layers of closed cell foam in my SD, so it doesn't roll up well. Instead, I fold it in half. I then have a tag end on my bridge that's about 2 feet long. I wrap the bridge behind one side of the pack, and the tag around the other, and girth hitch and pull tight. Then I tie off around the button on the stick. Locks everything down.

If it's cold and you have a few layers or extra pieces of clothing to carry the SD works great if you roll your clothes up, lay them in the SD and cinch the waist belt around it. Then you can sling the bridge over your shoulder and carry it all hands free. I did that a lot this season and it worked great.

I don't use a sit and drag, but whatever saddle I use, I wear it in. The saddle and its ropes go almost unnoticed when I wear it.
Hello Red
You dont use a sit drag and I have contemplated using one instead of the aero hunter because of all the talk on this great site. I was just wondering what your favorite set up was and what you used mostly this year. I am sure you have tried them all. Perhaps I should have put the question on a different thread. I wear my aerohunter on my waist when walking in. Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Red
You dont use a sit drag and I have contemplated using one instead of the aero hunter because of all the talk on this great site. I was just wondering what your favorite set up was and what you used mostly this year. I am sure you have tried them all. Perhaps I should have put the question on a different thread. I wear my aerohunter on my waist when walking in. Thanks
I did a lot of experimenting this year. My favorite setup is my anderson sling that I customized by taking off the built in bridge and tether and just adding my own. The sling is 2 pieces so there is a lot of adjustments you can do with it to be comfortable. I just can't get comfortable in a sit and drag. I have a lineman's belt attached to the anderson sling and I would use that for most of my morning or evening hunts because its so light and quiet. It is comfortable for about 4 hours. If I was sitting for longer than that I used my aero hunter, which I still love. My only complaint with it is that I always have to keep quieting the hardware on it. I did do 3 3/4 day sits in a guido's web this year. No saddle I have ever been in can compare to the comfort of sitting in that thing. But there is a lot that is going on with it, lots of hardware. If I were to continue to use it, I would end up chopping much of it into pieces to quiet it down.

So those were my favorites. I did a few sits in the sit and drag to try and like it along with some other sits in some custom stuff that I'm working on.

this is a bug out bag by 5.11 or alpha i dont remember which one. but what draw me to it was all the molle attachments on it. you'll see why

I built stick holders form CBIGBEAR stick talons and some aluminum flat bar fed it threw the molle rings on the sides of the bag riveted it together and used some camo tape to kill the shine.

sides and construction

inside the bad there are a few pockets where i carry my aiders.

the bottom of the bag has my rope, sit drag and knee pads

i use the back of the bag to molle my heavier clothes to or stuff other little items like a hand warmer, bow hook, knife, maps etc inside the remaining space of the interior of the bag. Working on a platform but when dont have heavy clothes ill molle it to the back of the pack or even the bottom it will be decided once i build one

its also framed so that helps with weight distribution.

hope this helps

Anobody, where did you purchase those clips that hold your sticks? That is a great idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is a bug out bag by 5.11 or alpha i dont remember which one. but what draw me to it was all the molle attachments on it. you'll see why

I built stick holders form CBIGBEAR stick talons and some aluminum flat bar fed it threw the molle rings on the sides of the bag riveted it together and used some camo tape to kill the shine.

sides and construction

inside the bad there are a few pockets where i carry my aiders.

the bottom of the bag has my rope, sit drag and knee pads

i use the back of the bag to molle my heavier clothes to or stuff other little items like a hand warmer, bow hook, knife, maps etc inside the remaining space of the interior of the bag. Working on a platform but when dont have heavy clothes ill molle it to the back of the pack or even the bottom it will be decided once i build one

its also framed so that helps with weight distribution.

hope this helps
what size rope is your tether?

Back