• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Painting Shikar Sticks?

ssramage

May be a dumb question but has anyone here painted their shikar sticks? I was thinking of painting mine, curious about the rotating steps/stand offs and how that would affect the spring mechanism in the steps.

I paint thousand dollar and up AR-15s and bolt guns and it scares some people.

Paint the stick the lightest color first. Usually tan. Then take bailing twine and wrap it all over. Then next lightest color. Green. Paint it. Let it dry. Then add more twine while leaving the original twine on the item. Finally paint darkest color and let dry. Cut off all twine and the result will look like this rifle.Use whatever colors you want for your area.

Attachments

• 1B7AEA2E-F4AD-426E-BB70-8B496E4C6ECA.jpeg
    1B7AEA2E-F4AD-426E-BB70-8B496E4C6ECA.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 64
I like that. I just painted my Predator platform last week and was thinking of using a similar method. Seems to blend in pretty well. I'll probably add some more darker overlay colors next time.
IMG_2410.jpg

Back