• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Part of the garden is in.

IkemanTX

I finally finished the last of the concrete edging for the garden last week. This back bed is a pollinator bed and has several perennial flowers and a Texas/Oklahoma wildflower seed mix as well as some Colorado wildflower seeds I collected on last year’s elk trip. Just a few more weeks and the rest of the garden will be good to go!

89e9042508fb8f8d805432df185829a7.jpg

08229e4ee2c7dd65112a1cfa3d59236d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally finished the last of the concrete edging for the garden last week. This back bed is a pollinator bed and has several perennial flowers and a Texas/Oklahoma wildflower seed mix as well as some Colorado wildflower seeds I collected on last year’s elk trip. Just a few more weeks and the rest of the garden will be good to go!

89e9042508fb8f8d805432df185829a7.jpg

08229e4ee2c7dd65112a1cfa3d59236d.jpg

Looks great!

Neat idea with the concrete border. Let's see those few week later pics!
My perennials are starting to push through the soil now. We are planning to put the house on the market in a couple months, so I need to start taking plugs from what I want to go with us. Some of my hostas were from my grandmothers garden over 20 years ago and have moved 3 times with us.

Neat idea with the concrete border. Let's see those few week later pics!

Sugar snap peas
57e5385a3a9b90808edcb532c00d4543.jpg

Onions, with lettuce seedlings underneath them.
2e2baef7825e022874a6430bedd3c5f5.jpg

Lettuce from last year going to seed.
d06729fbe714db6cbdb7b186958a5687.jpg

Alternating tomatoes and peppers with lettuce, kale, and chard seedlings underneath.
f725ca2ff3e62f4afbe933df6e93eb60.jpg

Nice garden. I decided to hold off on the garden this year. All the pots I planted with oaks and chestnuts got raided by the squirrels. Dug out every one! Next year when I’m living out there, I’ll be able to guard them better.

Nice garden. I decided to hold off on the garden this year. All the pots I planted with oaks and chestnuts got raided by the squirrels. Dug out every one! Next year when I’m living out there, I’ll be able to guard them better.
I have a paper shell pecan that customer gave me. Everytime it starts to put out some new growth they(squirrels) get it again and yet it keeps surviving. This will be the second year I've had it and I believe the squirrels have eaten it to a nub four times now. I might have to put it in a hanging basket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back