• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Peeing...

bioguy

When hunting out of a tree saddle, how do you deal with it when nature calls?

Some may disagree with what I may say here but I just go right out of the tree. I used to think that it would spook the deer but in actuality I have seen from my own experience it does the opposite. I believe it might trigger a curiosity effect however I have never seen anything to suggest it will scare deer away. In fact if you really want to piss a buck off find a scrape and do your business there. I have seen that it will enrage a buck keeping him in the area longer looking for the new intruder. I arrowed my biggest buck last year using this method he grossed 135 which in my state most would consider a buck of a lifetime.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 192
I use a water bottle up in a tree just for the off chance I might have a deer sneaking up on me and wouldn't want a mysterious stream of urine from 20ft up to spook me. Also not the easiest thing to do out of a saddle but it can be done... Just make sure you can access your zipper lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCDM said:
Some may disagree with what I may say here but I just go right out of the tree. I used to think that it would spook the deer but in actuality I have seen from my own experience it does the opposite. I believe it might trigger a curiosity effect however I have never seen anything to suggest it will scare deer away. In fact if you really want to piss a buck off find a scrape and do your business there. I have seen that it will enrage a buck keeping him in the area longer looking for the new intruder. I arrowed my biggest buck last year using this method he grossed 135 which in my state most would consider a buck of a lifetime.

Nice buck! What state?

I have one of the HME pee bottles you can buy that I usually use, but I have used just a gatorade bottle too. I will usually hook up my linemans belt to the tree while I am going in order to put me more vertical to make it a little easier. Like d_rek said just make sure you can access your zipper. In the colder months sometimes I have to dig around under all my layers :lol:

Squirrel i am from CT. We have some nice deer but most don't nearly get too big.

MCDM said:
Squirrel i am from CT. We have some nice deer but most don't nearly get too big.

Definitely a great deer for the North East!

I'm from NJ, and we do have some big deer but we also have very liberal seasons and bag limits. They're trying to reduce the overall herd but it really results in decimating the deer populations on state land while the rest of the deer hug the residential and no hunting areas.

I use medium size zip loc freezer bags with a double zip with 3 or 4 handfuls of unscented clumping kitty litter in them.
It's usually good for 2 squirts for me. It packs in small, has a big opening, clumps up fast. ( I let it soak in before zipping it up.)
I don't reuse them but I do carry them out.
Some of the guys in camp think carrying a bag of my pee is gross yet they carry a bottle of doe pee.
Ha! I just thought of a scene in my head of a guy in a restaurant/bar (maybe a famous hunter) peeing on his feet to attract girls. Soon, all the guys are getting worked up, peeing on there feet and grunting at each other.
Of course the ladies would be grossed out and leave. The final shot could be of some guy spraying himself with a popular cologne and all the girls chasing out of the bar.
Could make a good football game commercial.

fawnzy said:
I use medium size zip loc freezer bags with a double zip with 3 or 4 handfuls of unscented clumping kitty litter in them.
It's usually good for 2 squirts for me. It packs in small, has a big opening, clumps up fast. ( I let it soak in before zipping it up.)
I don't reuse them but I do carry them out.
Some of the guys in camp think carrying a bag of my pee is gross yet they carry a bottle of doe pee.
Ha! I just thought of a scene in my head of a guy in a restaurant/bar (maybe a famous hunter) peeing on his feet to attract girls. Soon, all the guys are getting worked up, peeing on there feet and grunting at each other.
Of course the ladies would be grossed out and leave. The final shot could be of some guy spraying himself with a popular cologne and all the girls chasing out of the bar.
Could make a good football game commercial.

I think you should call tinks up with your idea ;)

Alright new scenario. Slightly different.
Father, older brother, younger brother in restaurant during season.
Everyone there is a hunter. Lee and Tiffany are in the next booth.
Three beautiful ladies walk by and glance at the boys.
Big Bro says watch and learn. (Pee mayhem)
Dad pulls out cologne and gives to little bro who sprays some on. (A little overspray drifts into lee who hasn't been getting tiffany's attention)
Suddenly little bro is surrounded by girls in camo and lee is sneaking out the back door with said bottle of cologne and Tiffany right on his heels.
Man. I have way too much time.

fawnzy said:
Alright new scenario. Slightly different.
Father, older brother, younger brother in restaurant during season.
Everyone there is a hunter. Lee and Tiffany are in the next booth.
Three beautiful ladies walk by and glance at the boys.
Big Bro says watch and learn. (Pee mayhem)
Dad pulls out cologne and gives to little bro who sprays some on. (A little overspray drifts into lee who hasn't been getting tiffany's attention)
Suddenly little bro is surrounded by girls in camo and lee is sneaking out the back door with said bottle of cologne and Tiffany right on his heels.
Man. I have way too much time.

Yes, yes you do. I'm surprised you haven't worked Eva Shockey into this yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I...I just couldn't picture Eva with someone else.....it would break me

DIYSaddler said:
You guys should look up the "Stadium Buddy"

I tried one. Have you used one? I thought it was a pain to use under all of my layers of clothing.

Does it have to be inside?

Ha!!! You've used one? No I haven't had the pleasure as of yet. I had just heard about it on NPR a couple of years ago and thought it was a riot. But given your shining review I might just stick with Gatorade bottles for now. :)

DIYSaddler said:
Ha!!! You've used one? No I haven't had the pleasure as of yet. I had just heard about it on NPR a couple of years ago and thought it was a riot. But given your shining review I might just stick with Gatorade bottles for now. :)

I could see it being nice for football games or something, but I had to put it on before you put everything else on, and the bag kept sliding down my leg while I was hiking in. Then once I did finally go, it wanted to back up because of a kink in the line. Way too much of a hassle for me. I used in it the woods that one time about 2 years ago, and its been sitting in a bag in my closet ever since. I'll try anything once :lol:

No, I mean the bag. Can you hang it from your saddle?

Well I guess you could. Just run the hose out through your zipper I suppose. I imagine it would have to be lower than your dangle though.... Siphoning and all that. :D

Back