• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Peep didn't line up tonight

fr0sty

I was out for a few hours in my kestral today and when I did a few practice draws I couldn't get my peep to align with my site. I assume it was because of my form, so i tried paying more attention but it wouldn't line up. I got home and took a few shots on the ground and my peep and site we aligned as always.

Any suggestions on what I was doing wrong today?

If it was not lined up on the vertical plane then you were not anchored correctly. You MUST bend at the waist to keep the “T” your upper body makes when properly aligned. Next you go up draw with the bow level to anchor then if it lines up bend at the waist and see if you’re dropping your arm to shoot down or actually using proper form. A horizontal misalignment would mean torque from maybe gripping the bow if you’re unsure of your footing or tether connection. Other than this I’m lost too

Might want to try the Bow Anchor Sight gives great feedback on form regardless of body position, Its all about doing the same thing every time. I ditched the peep years ago because of its inherent problems-twist,low light etc. You can also "range" with the BAS for those in between yardages.

You might be pulling across your body. It is easy to do in the saddle if you don't twist at the waist too when necessary. You not only need to bend at the waist but you need to twist at the waist to keep everything in line.

Sounds like u don't use a "D" loop. If u don't, get one

Might want to try the Bow Anchor Sight gives great feedback on form regardless of body position, Its all about doing the same thing every time. I ditched the peep years ago because of its inherent problems-twist,low light etc. You can also "range" with the BAS for those in between yardages.

Same here! I truly don’t know what the reason would be to use a poop site when there are anchor sites out there. This was a fantastic idea.
https://archeryinnovations.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keeping a peep aligned can be frustrating. Any slippage of the D-loop or string stretch throws it off and sometimes I think archery demons fiddle with it just before a target animal walks up. Bungee peeps solve that problem but introduce new ones. I'd like to get away from a peep altogether too. I see good and bad reviews on the Anchor Sight, seems like it would be distracting having to look back and forth between pin and retcle on the Anchor Sight. Tell us more.

Keeping a peep aligned can be frustrating. Any slippage of the D-loop or string stretch throws it off and sometimes I think archery demons fiddle with it just before a target animal walks up. Bungee peeps solve that problem but introduce new ones. I'd like to get away from a peep altogether too. I see good and bad reviews on the Anchor Sight, seems like it would be distracting having to look back and forth between pin and retcle on the Anchor Sight. Tell us more.

I would also like to hear more. Have been doing some research also, reading a lot of mixed reviews but the negative ones appear to be mostly opinion based and possibly opinions from those who have not even tried the Anchor Sight....? Would love to hear from those with first hand knowledge, positive/negative feedback would be appreciated...

That is why I switched to a magnum hindsight. Because wearing glasses in low light, it is hard to see the peep. This resolved that issue.

I have been using one and with a quick glance you can tell if your alignment is right and that you are not torquing the bow. Then all you do is focus on pin/spot you want arrow to go and complete your shot process. After using it for so many years I look at it so quickly because it is a tool for developing good form telling you things a peep can't. Having your range of view wide open is a bonus. As I have mentioned before I am using with the EZV bow sight and coming from a trad background it is very natural.

Just to add a little more info on my situation. The problem isn't with the peep per se. I anchor behind my ear with my knuckle and the touch the string to the tip of my nose. When I'm on the ground I have no issue using those keys to get my peep lined up. I have the old style tube peep. The trouble comes when drawing in the saddle. I havea hard time getting the string to touch my nose when the bow is level. I can get it to touch if I tip the bow, but then the level is off. I need to shoot some arrows from the saddle and try that out to know if that will clear up my problem or not.

Had a anchor sight. Threw it away (junk). If you know how to tie a "D" loop correctly, you won't have any issue. The problem of most people, they don't know the correct way to tie it. If you are a right hand shooter, the loop goes on your side of the string, thus having the burning ends away from you. Also sinch them very snug by putting some needle nose pliers in the loop and open them to have alot of pressure. You then can shoot and rotate loop as needed.
One more big mistake I see a lot of inexperience hunters do, they carry their bow by the string, going to and from their stand. This is a BIG NO NO! This can cause lots of issues by rotating the string.

Had a anchor sight. Threw it away (junk). If you know how to tie a "D" loop correctly, you won't have any issue. The problem of most people, they don't know the correct way to tie it. If you are a right hand shooter, the loop goes on your side of the string, thus having the burning ends away from you. Also sinch them very snug by putting some needle nose pliers in the loop and open them to have alot of pressure. You then can shoot and rotate loop as needed.
One more big mistake I see a lot of inexperience hunters do, they carry their bow by the string, going to and from their stand. This is a BIG NO NO! This can cause lots of issues by rotating the string.

Can you elaborate why you consider it junk? I have zero experience with the anchor sight and shooting without a peep sight for that matter... I just thought this was a very interesting concept and would like to hear advice/opinions before committing to a purchase/changing what I'm used to on my bow. Thanks

I have had an anchor sight on my bow for the last few years, took it off this year. It helped me for a while to make sure I wasn't torquing my bow and that I was bending at the waist from elevated stands. Once I felt my form issues where corrected I took it off. Some may say it is still a good check, for me I am happy to have it off. One more thing to distract me during the shoot. I have been shooting better than ever this summer.

Last edited:
I have had an anchor sight on my bow for the last few years, took it off this year. It helped me for a while to make sure I wasn't torquing my bow and that I was bending at the waist from elevated stands. Once I felt my form issues where corrected I took it off. Some may saw it is still a good check, for me I am happy to have it off. One more thing to distract me during the shoot. I have been shooting better than ever this summer.

Do you still shoot without a peep sight?

Back