• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Perch and knaider/swaider?

justlooking

Has anyone tried putting the perch into a WE step at chin height or so and then using the knaider and swaider to climb on? Can it be done safely? I’d imagine you’d have to clip the biner and knee hook onto the perch and not the rung of the step.

I’ve tried the Knaider but not the swaider. I installed a continuous loop to the front of the perch and hooked into that. It should work for swaider too if you had double continuous loops or hook straight to perch. The only thing is it does make digging your toe into the tree harder being further away from it. That’s why I did the loop rather than straight perch to get closer to the tree.

I set this up but really only used it once. Easily at 16’ with 3 and add the perch one 2’ higher I’m at 18’. Then I started adding the extra of my 5 to the backside of tree for some better movement for 360 shots.

I would just practice at ground level and make sure you can get that firm toe bite on the tree and no kickouts before you try it at 20’. Good luck!

@Aaronpaul14 pictures of your continuous loop on your perch?

Sorry for the delay. My 3rd hunting partner was born this week so been a little busy.

I originally did this with paracord to attach to my saddle while climbing and then did the amsteel continuous loop around it when I thought of using the Knaider and added stealth trips to help with the abrasion.

8a9a59e7ae07d9983df02ec3c986ac1d.jpg

bcb47630f6c588441a66bb73635f44f4.jpg

Back