• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Perfect pouches for Evo?

drew13

I have hunted out of an ambush tree saddle for years but just recently got the new tribe evolution. I liked the TS pouch ok but it wasn't perfect. For the guys who have used the Evo - what do you like for a pouch? Where best to hook it up - on the little plastic hook or the fabric gear loop?

Pics of a pouch that works for you would be much appreciated ( so I can copy it!).

Thanks guys!
Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely want to know too. I need to buy a pouch for my tree strap before the season. I've been looking at different Molle pouches and a roll up drop pouch with a poly quick release buckle is looking like the best solution (trying to avoid Velcro or a zipper).

New tribe does have their own gear pouches but I've heard they were somewhat noisy in the field. Regardless id love to see what other people are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also thought that the molle pouches that roll up and have the buckle and drawstring were going to be the best option. I've tried several different ones, and so far, they are the best in my opinIon. But the ones I've found are still noisy because they have the drawstring liner (I believe to make waterproof) and sound like my Frogg Toggs material, just smaller. I do like how they attach to saddle, either by the plastic clip or with carabiner . If I don't find a better idea, I'll keep using this and try to make it more quiet.

essdub said:
I also thought that the molle pouches that roll up and have the buckle and drawstring were going to be the best option. I've tried several different ones, and so far, they are the best in my opinIon. But the ones I've found are still noisy because they have the drawstring liner (I believe to make waterproof) and sound like my Frogg Toggs material, just smaller. I do like how they attach to saddle, either by the plastic clip or with carabiner . If I don't find a better idea, I'll keep using this and try to make it more quiet.

I had the molle canteen pouches, but I found these were too big for my needs. I had one on each side and they hung too low on me and wouldn't let me get access to stuff I needed easily.

I bought some smaller field line bags from wal mart and they work well.

Good day to all of you. I just wanted to chime in and say that I am paying attention to your posts and am very interested in knowing what works best for you regarding pouches. Ideal functions, pouch size, location and method for attaching is the most helpful information for me. I will be looking for a supply of softer quieter material for this purpose. Pictures with good angles and detail of features always help me as well.

drew13 said:
How do those field line pouches close? Zippers?

Yes - they use zippers.

They have a Velcro strap on the back that goes right through the mollee attachment area. They work pretty well and are only $9/Piece I think

894293bc2d559000109490e2656af582.jpg
d529e1270b63f219f61c2660726644d1.jpg
- these are old pics from when I first got my aero Hunter, but same field line pack.

1saddleguy said:
Good day to all of you. I just wanted to chime in and say that I am paying attention to your posts and am very interested in knowing what works best for you regarding pouches. Ideal functions, pouch size, location and method for attaching is the most helpful information for me. I will be looking for a supply of softer quieter material for this purpose. Pictures with good angles and detail of features always help me as well.

I will take a picture of my current setup within the next week and things I think could be improved upon. Thanks for listening!

Back