• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Petzl Gym harness owner question, related to adding lineman loops for lanyard

raisins

SH Member
To anyone with experience with the Petzl Gym harness,

I'm curious if you think it would be possible for someone to run a piece of tubular webbing over the belt strap on your Petzl Gym harness take that webbing under the piece in the center of the back that holds the two thin black straps (hold up back of leg loops). If the attachment point is looped around the belt back there and not sewn, then I think it might be possible.

I'm asking because that would be a really slick way to add a lineman's loop to the Gym harness. And I might pick one up at some point. Once you have piece of webbing around the back and both sides of the belt like a sheath, then you could run another looped sling in between the harness belt and that sheath and the sheath (probably 1.5" or 2" tubular webbing) would hold the two together very strongly.

Just a thought.

Thanks for any replies/thoughts or a pic of the back of the belt.

I just put a loop of 1" tubular Webbing around the waist belt on each side and clip lineman's to that.

I just put a loop of 1" tubular Webbing around the waist belt on each side and clip lineman's to that.

Thanks. I just got done way overbuilding one. I might post pics and description later.

Back