• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Phantom thoughts....

Droptine85.mt

For those that have a Tethrd Phantom....what do you think so far? I’m excited to try mine this year. First year saddle hunting. I am fine tuning my platform to see how it does before I hang it for a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a while to know what you want in comfort and im still getting a lil hip pinch but im satisfied enough to use mine this season... next season im gunna order a TX5 or cruzr and keep the phantom as a backup... i do keep my saddle pretty bare with only my 10ft 8mm oplux linesman hitched on my left tucked in a fleece pouch. My rappel setup hangs on a kydex clip on my right when i climb then i remove it and hang it on my gear strap when at hunting height so i dont have it around my waist when im sitting... i just thought the quality of stitching would be better for a commercial product...

For those that have a Tethrd Phantom....what do you think so far? I’m excited to try mine this year. First year saddle hunting. I am fine tuning my platform to see how it does before I hang it for a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love mine, I feel that it blows the Kestrel Flex off the map personally. Doesn't ride as much and overall is just more comfortable!

I really like mine! Super comfy! Only complaint I have is wish there were some bigger molle loops.

I plan on a custom TX5 for next season just to try that route. Probably will still have the phantom in the arsenal for awhile.

I really like mine! Super comfy! Only complaint I have is wish there were some bigger molle loops.

I plan on a custom TX5 for next season just to try that route. Probably will still have the phantom in the arsenal for awhile.

Right... need bigger molle loops

I'm excited to try it when it arrives. Ordered mine last week. From everyone I've talked with they all love the comfort and adjustability. And smaller profile.

I’ve had mine for over a year. I’ve also got a jx3 and kite I haven’t hunted from because I was happy enough in the phantom that I didn’t feel the need to. Good luck this year. Hope you get your platform situation figured out.

I am considering the Phantom vs the H2 slingshot, with leg straps/rope bridge. This will be my first saddle. I am a large guy 6ft 2" and 38-40 in waist depending on how good the cooking is that week. I am getting everything at once and trying to keep the entry cost somewhat stomachable.

Is the predator "Big Guy" friendly? I have heard the H2 is comfortable as well. I have zero issues spending the money on the predator if it is worth it, but I also don't want to get it if its more suited for a different, slimmer, body type than my life choices have left me with.

@Flick I haven’t sat in an H2. I started my phantom journey at 298 with a 40” waist. Now I’m 34” waist on my light days and 228. It fit both ends of my spectrum. Ideally you’ll try several saddles at a meet and greet but most of the newer saddles get good reviews so I don’t think it’s a huge deal which one you start with. Eventually you’ll find out what small features and differences are important to you but you’ll have to spend some time in the saddle before you will even know what those are.

Love mine man. Totally minimalist saddle. That’s what i Love about it. There are definitely more comfortable saddles out there but they are also more bulky and a little heavier. I rock one sys hauler es on mine with 35’ pull up rope 35’ oplux and amsteel linemen’s.

I am considering the Phantom vs the H2 slingshot, with leg straps/rope bridge. This will be my first saddle. I am a large guy 6ft 2" and 38-40 in waist depending on how good the cooking is that week. I am getting everything at once and trying to keep the entry cost somewhat stomachable.

Is the predator "Big Guy" friendly? I have heard the H2 is comfortable as well. I have zero issues spending the money on the predator if it is worth it, but I also don't want to get it if its more suited for a different, slimmer, body type than my life choices have left me with.

If you can try several saddles before you buy that would be ideal. For sure the phantom is a minimalist saddle.
The H2 was more comfortable for me. But I sold it and prefer a Cruzr XC over a phantom or H2.
There are a lot of great choices and if we only had one choice we would likely be happy with most of them.
I doubt anyone can give the correct answer for you.

As far as big guy friendly. A Cruzr XC has the biggest seat for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back