• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Plastic Stealth Steps??

philsanchez76

SH Member
Has anyone tried these? I searched on here and could not find mention. Look a little scary, but always open to new ideas. Does not look like much weight savings over a Wild Edge or Primal step. Not even close to competing with Squirrel Steps, etc for weight.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.27.32 AM.png

There has been discussion at some point....if I remember correctly the conclusion was they make a better planter...

Ha! Kind of what I figured. Either that or turn them upside down and use them as not very visible roadside emergency cones.

Kinda like the climb paws, but stack better, and I imagine a little noisier. I always said I wished the climb paws would nest together for better packing and deployment. They made a comfortable ros. I could see these being used like the squirrel steps that are being discussed for single step climbing, hooked to your waist for easy access, maybe add a single step aider if it isn’t too sketchy, but I’m wondering if that weight is accurate at 14.625 lbs. Seems heavy, but those buckles add up quick. Someone needs to take one for the team and amsteel mod these things. Could be the lightest public legal climbing method ever.

@redsquirrel has at one point or another had about everything imaginable for climbing..........ever try these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some, heavy, cumbersome and all around bad for mobile climbing. Presets only.

Tried to like them but they are too unstable and flexible. Don’t think they would ever break but just aren’t very stable. Also they are a pain to thread each strap through. The cam buckle straps are nice though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back