• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform adjustments: Poll and thoughts

How often would you adjust your platform if you could do so with only your foot?

• Only during setup

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • 3 times: at setup, before final hunting pose, then prior to takedown.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Multiple times during the hunt to switch up pressure points.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other answer explained below...

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Samcirrus

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Those with a LWCG platform know it is currently the most easily adjustable platform. But what if you could have one that adjusts from 45° to 90°(flat) with minimal movements! Would such a platform(with other attractive features) be a "game changer" or an unnecessary function no one would use?
Thanks for your participation!

I might use it if I had it, the adjustability, but I can't think of a time I adjusted the angle of my platform after the initial set up. Definitely have moved it up/ down or around the tree though

The only times I have felt necessary to adjust after initial setup is when getting extremely uncomfortable due to a leaning tree... this would be after multiple hours. Sometimes you just have to embrace the suck on those severe leaners.

Never. I sit in a hybrid. Which means I have significantly less discomfort overall, and less weight on my feet/ankles/knees. Which means there really isn’t a platform or step angle that isn’t comfortable.

The answer for me doesn’t lie within what to do with my feet to make me comfortable. It’s get comfortable, and then what I do with my feet really doesn’t matter.

For me once the platform is set, I rarely mess with it. There have been times when I realize to is not level or the tree I am in leans to one side and after a while the knee that takes that pressure gets annoying so I have climbed back down to top step to adjust. If we are talking about the angle I never adjust that. I use the wingman from time to time and I find that angled front is a nice touch.

Once when i set up, I use the seeker so i have free angle adjustments just by stepping onto the angle or flat

Thanks for your great points and opinions so far! Might I add another caveat of
"How much adjustability would be good to counteract leaning/oddly shaped trees?" Even if you only set it once.
I will say that I agree that having an angled edge is a huge benefit as the more surface your feet can rest on the more comfortable it'll be.

Also all current platforms, including the LWHC ambush and fix have a 15° max degree of angle adjustment. Would more be something attractive, needed, or just a feature that would go unused?

Back