• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform advice

Halonhunter6

I am looking to get into saddle hunting and think I’m going to use three wild edge steps for a platform as it seems to look easier to maneuver around for shots. I am pretty sure I will be a leaner since I stand 90% of the time in stand anyways. Does anybody have any opinions of the wild edge vs a platform for leaners ?

I would imagine WE stepps are easier on the feet than ameristeps, which I used for a long time, but still similaur . When I was on a ROS I was 50/50 leaner/sitter. Now that I have been using a platform I'm 90% leaner and it's really comfortable. I am presently using a LW climbing seat and have a predator platform on order. With the climbing seat I can side load it a whole lot but I also don't need to maneuver around the tree to get most shots off.

The up side to the steps is that you can make a platform to put inside one. So in theory you can have a step to either side of a platform if you would like. Lots of info on here to make one of those.

Back