• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Advice

UMICH1

Last year, I used 3 WE steps for a platform. Worked good but got a bit uncomfortable not being able to stand. And they would work loose. Looking at the Perch because it's on sale and I get Veteran discount. But I've read where it starts to work loose and move a bit. So I was looking at the Ridge Runner and the Predator. I would have to spend around $60 for those. I need some advice!!!

I can only speak for the ridge runner as that is the only platform that you mentioned that I have. The ridge runner is a very well built platform that is easy to attach to the tree and is rock solid once attached. It also is easy to stand on and make the weak side shot with minimal movement. I feel it was well worth the investment for me.

I have the Podium which is similar to the RR. I really like it. It is light and rock solid. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them. I like the wideness of the Podium, the RR has the width also, it helps in getting around the tree. With the width you can separate your stance a little more which feels more comfortable to me.

Predator for sure, I tried a DIY wild edge platform and its nowhere near as functional and comfortable as the predator. You cant go wrong with the predator. It just works every single time. Well worth the money and you'll have it for years. It seems like the best all around option. Packable, easy to use, functional and bomb proof.

Predator is VERY nice.

I also like the Lone Wolf seat climber as a platform for trees with no low branches.

Ridge runner and you won't need a step on side because it's wider and offers more comfortable foot spacing.

The predator is an outstanding platform. I have no complaints. However the ridge runner is also very functional with it's triangle like shape that easily allows you to get around the tree and the extra room let's you spread your legs apart a little and makes a slightly more comfortable sit. The predator is easy to get tight with a simple toe cam technique and the ridge runner requires a little more learned skill to get it really cinched down but it's not bad. I'd say you can't go wrong with either platform. I have both and intend to hunt with both this year.

Back