• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

platform and sticks

There are a million sticks on the market, I reccomend single sticking and rappelling down to keep the weight down.

I have an ooal ridge runner and love it, also the solo scout platform ordered. I wouldnt buy the podium, no grip, squeaky, too round to be comfy.

Lotta folks like the tethrd platform- have heard reports of squeaking.

Lone wolf handclimber is another popular choice.

And yet again, people put treestand seats on tubular aluminum with straps and standoffs to make their own platform.

Look up knaider and swaider, shikar sticks, and solo scout for lightweight happiness.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have purchased an H2 saddle and wanted to know what platforms were available and what sticks to use. Have bad knee so want to keep the weight down.
Welcome from coastal NC!!! If you want to keep weight down you might want to check out bolts and a hand drill if you hunt private land! If you hunt public you can check out strap on steps!

Back